From the Pulpit Today...

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

From the Pulpit Today...

Post by CuttingEdge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:31 pm

My wife and I go to church, and our church supports a Christian Camp for kids about 5 miles away, and today the director of that camp was at church gathering up support for the summer ahead. One of the things they are upgrading is the electrical service and so he starts saying how he has got two excavators lined up, "but if anyone has a tractor, backhoe or even a bulldozer, let us know because we could really use it." He said it rather jokingly, but I perked up.

I nudge my wife and afterwards go and talk to him. I said, "You are not going to believe this, but I just bought a bulldozer on Wednesday and its yours if you need it." he is appreciative then a few minutes go by and a deacon comes up and say, "hey so and so said we can use his tracked skid-steer", and the guy was taken back and said, "well I guess we got equipment enough now."

You know you go to the right church when they preach bulldozers from the pulpit! :-)
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Reminds me of a few years back when one of my rural neighbors who is heavily involved in the local Baptist church asked me about my walk behind roller compactor. He wanted to know if they could borrow it to compact subgrade and the base course layer for a pavilion foundation at the church camp. I loaned it to him and he brought back a couple weeks later- they had even put in a new battery as the old one apparently wore down. I always enjoy helping the church where I can.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment