Fellow Dozer Lover

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Fellow Dozer Lover

Post by CuttingEdge » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Sad day today, my best fried died and today was his funeral.

We welded ships together and farmed together, and my wife was good friends with his wife. Even the kids were friends as they were the same age. He hated sheep granted (which I have) and I hated cows (which he had), but we both loved dozers. He had a Cat D4 (God rest his soul) and honestly really convinced me how much they could do on the farm. He was a solid reason I know have my dozer.

Last Saturday he was looking at equipment with his family at the local farm dealership, came home, was having dinner and...dropped dead of a heart attack. At age 29!

I am just still in shock. I won't get into all of it, but I was not much of a friend really. We did a few things, but not nearly as much as we could have. We just never took the time. Farmers you know...always busy! Sometimes too busy!
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Im deeply saddened to hear about this tragic loss. My prayers to all involved, especially the kids. If we are around long enough we will all share a common experience called loss. Bruce

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:19 pm

WOW! I have said many times over the years that I don't know how old is old enough to die, but I do know that the older I get, the older I hope it gets. I do however know 29 sure ain't it.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:10 am

Yes for the kids it is really sad. He was a good father too. Cub scouts, soccer and all that. never drank, did drugs or any of that, just worked and tried to keep the wife and kids happy. An all around good guy.

For me its sad because now that I finally got a dozer and can do stuff with, I got no one to share the experience with. He did have my sawmill and sometime I'll have to go over and bring that back home. that will be a sad day as well.

But yes, 29 is young!
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

mlaclaire
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by mlaclaire » Tue May 10, 2016 9:16 am

Someone much smarter than I said. "Grief is the price we pay for love." That helped me.
Proud owner of JD450 Tilt Dozer: Cat D-7 Dozer, Walden 7000 loader.

mapaduke@yahoo.com
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by mapaduke@yahoo.com » Tue May 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Sorry to hear that.
nothing crawles like a deere

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Wed May 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks guys!

Being a farmer its been hard because there was so many things him and I discussed, and so many things undone, or so many thing happening on my farm that I cannot share it with.

When your best friend is gone, you miss him, BUT life goes on. I have it a lot better then his wife, son and daughter! I feel for them.