Question for firefighters

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Question for firefighters

Post by townlineterry » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:50 am

Hi, there must be some firefighters on the forum, need your advice.

I have 2 houses to demolish. Looking to buy a fire and rescue chainsaw to do the job. I am looking for recommendations for a good "moderately priced" saw. Need the good the bad and ugly on different brands.

Before anybody starts with "a sawzall does it cheaper" line, stop right now. I know about sawzall, used them for years. One job will more than pay for the saw and I don't have forever and a day to spend on the jobs.

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Re: Question for firefighters

Post by CuttingEdge » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Stihl...drop the chainsaw, drop the mic, whatever you want to call it...Stihl is it.

I am NOT brand loyal by any means, but while I am not a firefighter anymore, I do log A LOT and have had several different saws over the years. When all is said and done, Husky last about 9 months, and Stihl last years. My last stihl was bought in 1994 and put to rest when I pushed a tree on it accidentally with my bulldozer. Whoops.

You pay the price, but they are a far better saw inside.
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

pop pop
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Question for firefighters

Post by pop pop » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am

whoa, TLTerry, your thinking wrong here, just rent the houses out, they will be demolished.
if you are seriously short of time, use the bulldozer.
or host a weenie roast for the local fire dept.
440icd/602/8a,,440icd/831/ripper,,440icd/831/3pt.,misc. 440 parts, i have 5 of these now, but i can stop anytime :cry: