Putting addresses in profile

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Putting addresses in profile

Post by Lavoy » Fri May 13, 2005 2:10 pm

I don't know if any of you have noticed or not, but when you click on someones handle on the board, their profile comes up. Many of you entered in what state you are from, many did not. Kind of struck me the other day that it is kind of neat to know where someone is from. You can see of someone is from your area, or in an area you are visiting.
Yes I know that I did not put mine in there, but I don't think there is anyone on here that does not know where I am from, and it also says so on the main board.
Anyway, if you are so inclined, edit your profile so people can see at least what state you are from.
Lavoy

neil
420 crawler
420 crawler

profile problems

Post by neil » Fri May 13, 2005 7:53 pm

I don't know what a ICQ number is and I'd like to know about the AIM address. I want to put my location down but I'm not sure what to put where.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri May 13, 2005 8:39 pm

I don't know what they are either.
Put where you are from in the location bar, and if you have a webiste, put the address in the website bar.
Lavoy

JD40c
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JD40c » Fri May 13, 2005 10:49 pm

ICQ and AIM are online IM or instant messaging clients. Other examples are MSN IM, Trillian, etc. They are small programs that let you "chat" by typing text to talk to other people in real-time, vs. posting to a messageboard such as this. I personally use MSN IM frequently to talk to other system administrators.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:30 pm

Just wanted to bring this subject to everyone's attention again. We have gained a lot of new members lately, would be nice to know where everyone is from.
Lavoy