Shock and Awe

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Shock and Awe

Post by amos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 am

Wife is from the Philippines(island with high humidity and near equator. They don't use heat:ever) and even after 5 years she can't get use to the static shock in winter :D Gas heat dries the air something fierce and even with a 3 gallon humidifier the electrons are just a jumping.Keiver the cat nuzzled me last night and got a pretty good spark to the nose.
Honey when will this STOP she asks. Oh,I don't know. Probably March or so....Welcome to America dear.
Came home last night and it was bit cold. Wife had layered up and also had a knit cap on: in the house with thermostat set on 78.I'm starting to think she isn't crazy about winter :idea:
Amos
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Shock and Awe

Post by dtoots1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:11 am

Thought i was bad.....i grew up in Buffalo, NY till was 13...moved around a bit to kc..houston and back to OHIO and I don't like this winter weather...just too dang cold when high is 6 degrees!! YUCK.

Seth
430 crawler
430 crawler

Re: Shock and Awe

Post by Seth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 pm

I used to work in the oil and gas fields in Northern Pa, we had a bunch of guys from the Fiji islands, some of the nicest people I have ever met, and huge. Saw my first ever pair of 5x fire retardant coveralls. But they didn't do well in the cold, it would be late October and these guys were in the cold weather gear and trying to swing hammers. They looked like giant versions of Ralphie in the Christmas story. It was awesome the first time they saw snow. It was great. You just didn't ask them to drive anything, any were.