Mo Money,Mo Money,Mo Money

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Mo Money,Mo Money,Mo Money

Post by amos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:20 am

Like everyone else working for a payroll check I was wondering if I would see an increase in my take home pay because of President Trump's new tax law. Turns out I did see an increase of close to 5% as did every single one of my employees :D
This increase has been deemed "crumbs" and a foo-foo or trivial amount by some but to me,who will bend over to pick up a penny, keeping any amount of my money is always a good thing.
More equipment, more parts, more tools, heck I might even buy a new or good used steam cleaner I've been too thrifty to buy for the last 10 years so keeping more that I earn means I can put it to good use. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Amos
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Mo Money,Mo Money,Mo Money

Post by 77 Ford » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 am

Ya the liberals call it crumbs we someone else does it, when they had a tax bill a few years back $500 bucks a year was "HUGGGGEEEEE".

I gave all my employees $.50 hour a raise because of the tax bill and I may increase their profit sharing as well.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by amos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 am

77 Ford wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 am
Ya the liberals call it crumbs we someone else does it, when they had a tax bill a few years back $500 bucks a year was "HUGGGGEEEEE".

I gave all my employees $.50 hour a raise because of the tax bill and I may increase their profit sharing as well.
And I'll bet not a single employee refused the raise or was spiteful toward you. At my place all raises are merit based: learn more and reduce mistakes and you earn more. And I keep my word. I run a zero defect plant: if it's wrong it doesn't ship.Period. Costs a lot to be that critical of my own product but now I'm a rarity and customers are loyal and willing to pay a little more for that level of quality.
We just had a $7000.00 screw up and employee said "I did my best" at which point I went nuclear. Don't give a rats behind what your best is unless it meets or exceeds my best.
New generation seems to think that showing up and participating is good enough: when explaining to them that this is the real world and they have to meet my and my customers requirements is hard for them to understand.
What the heck happened?
Amos
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...

pop pop
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by pop pop » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:30 pm

seeing plenty of happy workers around here, raises,,overtime,,better benefits,,better attitudes,,
heck if i can afford to buy more pizzas for everybody, things must be good. despite what the left-coast rhetoric is.
440icd/602/8a,,440icd/831/ripper,,440icd/831/3pt.,misc. 440 parts, i have 5 of these now, but i can stop anytime :cry: