Snowballs in Spring

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Snowballs in Spring

Post by amos » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 am

So i decided to clean the engine etc on a non JD loader landscaper.Also did a heavy service cycle. then the problems started and snowballed out of control.Bad belt needed replacing and that led to pulling hyd pump to get to the belt and that led to 2 hours driving all over town looking for the correct hyd pump suction coupling hose.
got belt on and it kept moving back toward engine and that led to new tensioner pulley. Got that done and went on to new alternator. got that done then i lost the start circuit?
2 days tracing wires and relays and that led to a push to start button(after replacing key switch). Got a real nice service manual but wiring doesn't match whats in the manual.
Gauge cluster is a fancy one with what was once a very fancy plug in assembly to connect to the wiring harness: it's a shame someone broke the tabs off sometime during the last 30 years.
Gave up on wires to ignition switch except the battery feed,ground,and aux feed to oil idiot light,feed to fuel solinoid and temp gauge for coolant. tach wire is there somewhere but it will have to wait.
I've got a start circuit, fuel solinoid feed,oil idiot light and a working temp gauge, it will shut off when key turned to off and alternator is putting out 14.6 volts to battery. Good enough for now.
Amos
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...

amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Snowballs in Spring

Post by amos » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:40 am

And, with the heavy service cycle this little endeavor just sucked up a quick $500.00. Ugh......
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...