Generosity of People Astounds Me

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Generosity of People Astounds Me

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:15 pm

The generosity of people often times astounds me...

A year and a half ago a friend of mine and me had this idea; I have a farm that overlooks Mount Washington some 150 miles away. He is a Lead Guitarist for a band, so a seed of an idea started, in the interest of the many people dying from the Opiate Epidemic we would do a benefit concert for Teen Challenge, a drug addiction recovery program with 1100 chapter throughout the world.

In the last few years I have lost a brother-in-law, a best friend, and another friend to overdose though I never got into that lifestyle myself. But we all have vices, and while I never did that, my heart feels for those that get trapped.

So last year we put on the concert and had 350 people, and raised $3000. Not bad for the first year I thought. On August 11th of this year though, we are going to have our 2nd "Rock the Flock"! This year we expect about 1000 people and hoped to raise $10,000. We have already raised $4800! It is 100% free, if people want, they donate, and people have already been generous!

That came $4800 from a person that gave some money so we could have a bigger event this year. Then a restraunt said they would give us all the food we needed. Then a friend who repairs trucks said he would bring over a refrigerated tractor trailer truck for cold storage. Then today a guy said he would build a permanent stage on our hill for this Rock the Flock...and all the rest to follow! All this in about 2 weeks time!

So if anyone on here would like to come on up, meet me or Katie (most likely Katie), see our farm and be entertained from 2PM to sunset via 6 different bands; come on up. It is all FREE. Just BYOLC (Bring your own lawn chair)!

I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Generosity of People Astounds Me

Post by Lavoy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 am

SPECTACULAR!
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Generosity of People Astounds Me

Post by Stan Disbrow » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:11 am

Hi,

Man, I would like to not miss this. Sounds (pun intended, sorry, well not really sorry) like a blast.

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)