Are all women crazy, or is it just mine?

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Are all women crazy, or is it just mine?

Post by townlineterry » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:36 am

This summer is our 30th. Few months ago the wife decided we should throw ourselves a party. Despite the feeling of cold dread I felt I did not say anything, after all I'm just her husband, I know my place. So today is the big day and I have a few minutes of calm this morning before the last minute frenzy.
Last couple weeks has been building up to the pure hell that was the last few days. What if it rains? Forecast, by the way is sunny, 70's, low humidity, perfect weather. What if we don't have enough food, what if we have too much. Will the rsvps show up, what about people showing up who did not rsvp? Do we have enough chairs? Do we have enough tables? A neighbor who has a hunting camp is bringing his cooker and taking care of the cook chores. what if he doesn't show up? She ask me I don't know how many times yesterday if he was here yet, he is.
She spent yesterday making side dishes and baking. I ask if she had seen one of the pop up shelters, in a normal voice. She yells she doesn't have time to look for it and I should just stay calm, I back away slowly. I go out mow the parking area, tractor has a flat have to run into town get it fixed, she does another melt down over that.

So everyone have a good day, I am sure in the end we will too. Just got to be a easier way to do this.

Terry

psprague
440 crawler
440 crawler

Re: Are all women crazy, or is it just mine?

Post by psprague » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:53 am

Me and the Missus have been at it for 16 years and I won't add anything incriminating, but:

Nope, not just you.
JD 450c forestry, JD 440A cable skidder

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:12 pm

just grin and bare it!!!! not bear!

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:31 am

Congrats on 30! Me and mine are going on 28 (we've been together over 30) and no you are not alone.......
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by gus » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:53 pm

46 here and it won't get any better....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Well the party is history, could not have gone better except our son, and his wife and the granddaughter were not able to make it. Everything cleaned up and she is back to her normal serene self. Until Thanksgiving dinner.
Had a couple of photos I wanted to post but can't figure out how. Could use some help there.

Terry

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:48 am

been thru 2 marriages..one 20 years and last one 30 years..both gone now but they had their ways!!!

Townlineterry....give me idea as to just what kind of problem you having on posting pics....are you registered to get into the pic servers with your login and password???

send pm and will get you phone info and walk you thru.....by the way...no one can upload pics from phone on this site, must use computer...and video do not seem to work as yet....

hydrogeo
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hydrogeo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:53 am

Let's see, I'm the one that is endlessly dragging large pieces of rusty scrap metal home and leaving them in the yard or better yet dragging them into my garage and scattering the parts to the four winds. I'm the one that doesn't have to mow the lawn because the grousers/tires on the equipment and/or my dirt bike have left the yard looking like a never ending construction site. I'm the one who, while solidly in middle age, gets giddy over loud, smoking, leaking, and generally dangerous pieces of machinery. Yup, she's crazy....

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 am

Hi,

Pics load just fine from my phone. It is set to tell sites it is a standard, not mobile, source. And, that is the difference. Now how one sets that in any given make and model of phone is something I don't know. I am still using the model of BlackBerry I had finished developing back toward the end of 2013 when BB began their downsizing.

Note how I am staying away from the primary topic. :P

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:29 pm

well now that is interesting...i was going by what the programmer told me about uploading from cell phones...i have not tried my android yet to see just what happens, coarsen am ignorant as to how these danged things sposed to do whatever so will try to see what happens...and from that i don't see how tp upload to pic server unlesson i send to my email and then load to pic server

ok STAN, just what do you do to get pics sent from phone to pic server?????

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi,

I suspect it won't work from anything which says it is a mobile device. I think that means most phones and tablets. The mobile mode uses a simplified scheme via the browser so things are more readable on the smaller screens. I bet that mode is not supported. I use my BlackBerry in regular mode which does sometimes make websites difficult to read. Now, how one sets that in other makes of phones, I do not know. Maybe one can't. My OS is, of course, different from iOS or Android.

There is also the fact that for security reasons, everything to and from a BB goes thru dedicated servers with encryption. So, perhaps the server (being a really big PC) has something to do with it. Most phones don't sport this sort of operation. But, then PCs don't either. So, maybe the BB server farm has nothing to do with it.

So, just chalk it up to the fact I use something different.....

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:56 pm

thanks...that sorter clears it up!!!

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Well confession time...myself I got 23 years of marriage in...with (3) different women. :roll:

The first one, well let us just say she was VERY social...very social. It was great though because I knew she was good in bed because EVERYONE told me she was! After 10 years of marriage she went to be with her online boyfriend.

The second wife, well she was opposite then the first. The first was social, the second was a prude. She had TONS of money, so I miss her money and tripping all over the world on vacations, but that is about it. After 6 years we divorced. :twisted:

But then I found Katie, and we have been wed for 7 years now. She was worth waiting for. Kind, motherly, a true Godly woman, my very best friend. The fact that she is cute is just a bonus.

I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!