Need advice on dealing with asshats

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Need advice on dealing with asshats

Post by townlineterry » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Have to put brakes on my equipment trailer. Got it in the shop and tore the brakes down. Then I order the parts from a online supplier. That was on the 10th, got a email conformation but never got a notice that parts were shipped. So yesterday the 18th I call asking status of the order. They can't tell me, but some bs about some of the parts being shipped direct from manufacturer, they will find out and call me today. So 6 o'clock no call.

In the mean time I found another supplier. So what I want to do is give the first place until Wednesday the 24th to have parts here or cancel the order. This would also require having my credit card company cancel the payment. So is this something they would do? I would like to have some info before I talk to the credit card people, I don't always trust them to be up front about these things.

Terry

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need advice on dealing with asshats

Post by Lavoy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Be careful. If the first supplier can prove delivery, even if it is late, and you decline payment, that is considered theft. All they have to do is file a police report, submit it to the credit card company, and you will end up paying.
Call them up, cancel the order, get cancellation confirmation first. Document everything you can to protect yourself.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:54 am

Lavoy is very much correct. My wife is a banker and deals a lot with credit cards, and while most credit card companies are phenomenal at crediting back monies stolen, honestly...8 days is not a very long time frame. I would either cancel the order as Lavoy says, or wait a bit longer.

Katie bought a new couch for our Tiny House, and it ended up being a scam. We notified the credit card company and had our money credited back the next day.
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 am

Thanks for the tips guys. I think eight days and they haven't shipped yet, can't even tell me when, that is excessive. If they can't fill the order in a timely manner they should say so. Meanwhile I can't get anything else in the shop until I get the trailer back together. Can't move equipment until the trailer is back together. Can't do any jobs until the trailer is back together. Losing money and business every day they screw around.

Getting a might agitated here.

Terry

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:33 am

I would cancel the order out of spite if nothing else. :D But seriously, they can contact their supplier and find out where it is at. If it was something that was supposed to be shipped to them, and it didn't show up, they would not pay either, and would expect the supplier to tell them where the product is at.
Lavoy

Lu47Dan
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Lu47Dan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Here the phone is your friend, call them once a day, and only once a day, anymore and it csn be considered harassment.
I ordered carbide inserts for my one obsolete tool bit. The online company is out of Pittsburgh. The charge went through (I checked) , but one information from the supplier. After three days, I called them about it. The person who answered the phone said she would call me back. 6pm no call back. At 11:55am I called them back, I asked about the order and she said she would check on it and get back to me. I told her I would wait while she checked on it. She said she was just headed out to lunch and would call me back. I said I could wait, but if she wanted to get to lunch then she should hurry up and check on my order. After few minutes she came back and said it would be to me first thing in the morning.
A UPS Global Express van rolled in at 7:40am.
I learned a long time ago, people like to go to lunch on time. But three days from Pittsburgh to Meadville, Pa. is a little stupid. You could send it on horseback in that amount of time.
Dan
1956 420C with GSC blade
Tools are to men as shoes are to women , you can never have too many !!
Used diesel engines are an adventure any way you look at them !!

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:03 am

I send a email telling them if they can't ship by Tuesday to cancel the order. Think now I will call them first thing on Monday and cancel it immediately. I worked for 16 years as a receiving clerk, so I know that "I have to call manufacturer" is bull. We always had a due date when we ordered something and checking was just a matter of 30 seconds looking it up on the computer.

Lazy and incompetent is something that really, really pisses me off.

Terry

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:46 pm

And the bs continues. Called yesterday to cancel the order, they promised they would ship it next day air. I would have it today. Almost 7 o'clock, still waiting. Should I leave the light on for them?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:04 am

Ask them for the tracking number, there is a possibility that it went missing, or was delayed. Air shipments should be delivered before Noon normally. When talking to them, if they didn't send it again, then I would say I was declining payment, and to cancel the order and see what they say.
Lavoy

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Parts came today, order was complete and the right parts. what a ordeal. I can promise I will not use that supplier again.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I will know what to do next time this happens.

Terry

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Glad you got your parts Terry. It sucks when you got things to do and cannot get them done because parts are not in. Being retired, I am never in a hurry anymore, but I remember when I had 100 places to be. A person cannot always rely on friends to cart their bulldozers around for them after all.
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

psprague
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by psprague » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:47 am

Had a friend many years ago restoring a car and ordered some rare ball joints for it. For a long time, every time he'd call or come in, he'd be told they were still "zero'ed" along with a long-winded excuse-of-the-day explanation. He ended up naming the manager "Zero" and his assistant Double Zero".

I know this adds nothing to the conversation other than asshats exist through time. If I have to order a part somewhere, I can do it myself now, I don't need a Google operator middle person.
JD 450c forestry, JD 440A cable skidder