Question for woodworkers

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Re: Question for woodworkers

Post by townlineterry » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 am

I can't say every rich person is a jerk. Back when I started my business I was working a day job in a fabrication plant. I had a chance to buy a old deuce and a half converted into a log skidder. This was a machine that would really help the business. But, I w
as maxed out financially, needed $2000, not a lot of money unless you don't have it.
One of the foremen told me to talk to the owner of the company, said he had helped other guys out that way.
Finally broke down and went to the owner and explained my situation. He quizzed me, making sure I wasn't bs ing him. Anyhow, he finally pulled out his personal checkbook and wrote me out a loan and set up a deduction from my paycheck.
The guy was willing to help me succeed even though it meant losing a employee in the long run.
Think the difference with this guy was he had built his business up from nothing, so he knew things are.

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Oh for sure, the wealthy are some of the nicest people, and I have worked for a few.

I tends to be the people that worked their way up from little, that are generous. For the children of them, they have heard the stories of having nothing, and tend to be pretty respectful as well, but its the Grandchildren that think they are entitled, and they are better than everyone else. Not always, but as a rule it is the Grandchildren that struggle with elistism.

Myself, even with little I try to give back.

We are looking at taking in an 18 year old girl now whose parents just dropped her off at a homeless shelter. I know the back-story and its sad. The parents collected the money from the state for watching her, and as soon as she turned 18 and the money stopped, so they found a reason to argue, and then dropped her off at the homeless shelter. They did the same thing to the girl's brother; when the money stops, they find a reason for their parenting responsibilities to stop.

It is disgusting.

It would take A LOT for my daughter's to do something where at 18 I would drop them off at a homeless shelter. My goodness, she is 18, and could be raped, and that is irreversible carnage. You cannot change something like that, so as I said, it would take a lot, and I mean a lot...nearly an impossibility...for me to drop any of my daughters at 18 at a homeless shelter. I am not saying they would not make me mad, or hurt me deeply, but to the point of dropping them off at a homeless shelter?

And this person does it twice, then gets on Facebook and does the most eloquently worded post on "Oh woest me as a parent." I would be too busy pacing the floor, and chewing my nails off if my 18 year daughter was in a homeless shelter. And it happened twice. What is the chances of that?

I hope we can help this girl out. She is a good kid, hard-worker and everything.
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:55 pm

Of course I am not thinking more highly of my parenting abilities than I should.

Last week I was pretty proud of myself because my six year old made a snowman right in the middle of the driveway and I plowed all around it after another snowstorm, but never knocked it over so she could show her mom when she came home.

Then here comes a man from Exeter, New Hampshire who strangles a rabid coyote with his bare hands who was attacking his child.

I guess we all know who is going to get Father of the Year! (LOL)
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!