Cylinder head and block usage by casting #

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
gaspumpsam
440 crawler
440 crawler

Cylinder head and block usage by casting #

Post by gaspumpsam » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:10 am

I found by accident, a cyl head and block usage by casting numbers. Seems like it goes back to 40’s, and up to middle 90’s. it is
600 + pages and a PDF file. All car makers, HD equipment co., on some casting number pics of cyl heads- it shows original cyl head height, valve height etc etc. It is not easy to use, and quite time consuming, but the amount of info is mind boggling !!

I came across it by mistake- I was searching for my JD 440 ic cyl head casting # on line-( M3995-T) in search bar, and this page popped up ( page 478 of 602) and showed the casting number ( a full page of others also, and only about 2 others that are JD)
As I was looking for the info page etc, it popped up for enough time for me to see it, then disappeared , and emanuals on line, popped up( which is a site to download(at a cost) for just about anything, but I could never find this manual again, even on this site. After playing for quite some ( on computer) this manual popped up, and was not connected to any site- just the manual, big as life. I am not very computer litteret, so don’t know how I did get this back up, and why it wasn’t connected to a main site, like this “Emanual on line” Site, so downloaded into my library site, with no chg or cost.

Strange things happen on the computer ( especially when I don’t know what I am doing) but if anyone wants this manual, and can’t find it by mistake,😊😊🤔🤔 I think I could send it to someone via a link maybe? Or look up a specific casting number( maybe) you would have to send me a message , I am sure not all #’s are there- I couldn’t find a GMC approx 1960, V12 gas 702 cid, and not sure why, but lots and lots of others. Is a massive amount of info in one place.

So if interested, send me a message, pls.