Losing a good friend and neighbor

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Losing a good friend and neighbor

Post by townlineterry » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:35 am

Yesterday a neighbor was moved to hospice, terminal cancer. Paul is 96, has always farmed, he was working up until last week. He has been a institution in the neighborhood as long as we have been here. When we bought our place he helped US clean things up. When we had horses we bought hay from him. He always help us put it up in the barn, would never take anything extra for the work. We spent alot of time going to auctions together when I was tractor shopping. He considered my wife and I green horns, never said anything negative but you knew he was amused, but ready to help out. Worked for me when I started the sawmill, and worked hard. He baled hay this summer. Two weeks ago I he brought a cornpicker he just bought over to be pressure washed, last week he was working on the gravity wagon. 96, and he was still thinking ahead.
The man was out there almost to his last day doing his thing.. Going to be odd not seeing him out there chugging along. Whig Hill, Pa. Is not going to be the same.

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Losing a good friend and neighbor

Post by B Town » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:01 am

Sorry to hear the devastating news. He sounds like a great man. Like someone I strive to be.

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Losing a good friend and neighbor

Post by 77 Ford » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:39 am

Sounds like someone we should aspire to be more like, my condolences.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T