Nothing Good to Report

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Nothing Good to Report

Post by CuttingEdge » Sat May 08, 2021 8:09 am

It’s been awhile since I logged on here, mostly because I got kind of kicked in the teeth. On September 18th I came home from work to find nothing. It is a long story but Katie is from NH and basically missed her family more than she loved me, but she must have liked my stuff because she took all the furniture, dishes, guns, tools, pets, kids, cars, food, appliances, etc.

It was so bad that when I got some tuna fish I did not even have a can opener to get my darn tuna fish.

I grabbed some stuff from our other houses and managed well enough but I have not seen the kids or her since. That kind of sucks.

On a different front, as a welding instructor we worked with industry a lot, and one factory that hired our students offered me a job working for them. I was pretty content, but there is a 500,000 shortfall of welders in this country so they were eager to hire me. They gave me an offer I could not refuse, and while I cannot say much due to social media rules I am welding products for John Deere which is kind of cool!
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nothing Good to Report

Post by Lavoy » Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 am

Well that sucks, really sorry to hear that, that has to be tough. Glad to hear about the job though, that is some good news.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 am

Yeah it is kind odd, as if it is world war 1 trench warfare. Neither one of us want to be together, but neither one of us want a divorce either. If I get divorced it means a lot of money, and if I pursue Anything then she’ll get arrested for parental kidnapping.

I got a friend who is in the exact same situation as she is wed too, so we text, email and go out to dinners and stuff, but she has has her place and Have mine, so we are content with the way things are for now.

Covid 19 is a tough time to be dating much less after age 47!
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Sun May 09, 2021 5:06 am

Hi,

Good Grief! Yes, that most definitely sucks. When you hadn't been heard from for a while, I was kind of thinking you had an issue. But, these days that issue is presumed health related. Maybe even no longer breathing.

We say in the rescue business: Don't sweat the small stuff. As long as you are still breathing, it's all small stuff.

Keep on Keeping On. The situation will work out in time.

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)