I Actually Met Lavoy

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Little John
430 crawler
430 crawler

I Actually Met Lavoy

Post by Little John » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:28 pm

I was fortunate enough to drive to North Dakota and meet Lavoy. He is definitely a 'gentleman and a scholar' and well worth the trip. Put North Dakota high on your list of important places to visit. It was refreshing to meet a young man who is so into these tractors and is so willing to share his knowledge. This web site is great for us and he puts a lot of time into it for us. I hope to continue to ask questions and offer my unsolicited 2 'sense' worth. Thank you Lavoy, from Maryland. Mora

brettjones
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by brettjones » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:52 pm

Young relative to your age or young? For some reason I assumed Lavoy was a fella in his 50's or 60's.
JD 1010c, outside blade, winch

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:49 am

I would have guessed about 42 but with about 62 worth of experience.
Bill Wattson

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:04 pm

Mora,
Hope you had a good trip home, glad you could make it. Sun actually came out on Sunday, we had plows in the ground by about 4:00 give or take, they had about 15 acres done by a little after 8:00.

Bill guessed right, but I think he already know how old I was.
Lavoy

Little John
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Little John » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:06 pm

Reply to Jones and Wattson: Lavoy is young at heart and mind. His age in years is his to reveal, and not for me to guess. As far as the relative age point... most all here are 'young' (er) than me. As far as the years of 'experience', I'd have to hazard a guess that Lavoy has more years of JD Crawler experience than any person not in the crawler industry/business could ever gain in a normal lifetime....he is intensive! He searches out and researches all kinds of crawler related equipment and actually finds some fantastic 'one off' stuff. Since these crawlers have been around for 'many' years I'd say that the 62 years of experience (per Bill Wattson) is a very good estimate of what he has garnered in his years. Don't let this lead you to guess his age !!! Visit him and you will understand more of who and what he is...after all North Dakota is not far away...except in the winter !!!, Bye, Mora
[/i]

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:28 pm

Actually I only guessed on the second part and I might not have done Lavoy justice. You only need internet access to get the first part. Frankly I'd never really even given it a second thought until Brett asked. I just knew that Lavoy is the best resource on Deere crawlers I've ever talked to and a darn nice guy on top of that.
Bill Wattson

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by mini kahuna » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:49 pm

I spoke to Lavoy on the phone a couple years ago and he confirmed what I kinda already knew.....I had to pull the final on my machine.
he was very interested in my old 1010,made my feel good about owning the old girl,the deere dealers just look at you like you have two heads when you say 1010!!
thanks to Lavoy for keeping the interest up on these old dozers with the website,it's great to have him around for sure.
1010 loader