moving a machine.

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:53 am

He's talking about a double ended hitch to hitch one tractor to another.

I'd raise the blade while pulling the blade lever back and it will stay up, then push against that. To improvise a bumper, hang a tire in between the vehicles with a rope.

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:27 pm

I put two steel man doors in the middle back of the first two bays thinking that some day I would use them and some cables to bring a dead crawler or plow unit in .So far I haven't had to use them usually an excavator is avalible.Smaller dead crawlers can take a lot of pull to get rolling and do nothing for finish on floors.Put a good anchor in when you are getting floor base prepared even 1/2 inch lags shear off and make great projectiles under very little draw so be careful.Digitup.

DiggerLarry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by DiggerLarry » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Brettjones had asked for a picture of my tractormover. Sorry it took so long to get it but I had to get it back from the guy I had loaned it to. :wink:

It's pretty simple. It's not first class tool either but I just cobbled it up one day. It does a great job. I have welded the pins to a chain and the chain to the wagon tougue so I can keep up with them.
Digger
Charlotte, NC
www.JohnDeere40.com