Agricat Parts

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Ray
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Ray » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Stan Disbrow wrote:Hi,

Sthil makes one, almost identical to the worn out one. I go into the hardware store to buy it, and the sales kid says he can't sell that to me. Sthil prohibits the sale to homeowners. The saw is for pros only. So, I tell him I'm a farmer, and then it's OK.

Stan
That's slick, Stan

I'm not a farmer myself ( worked in a machine shop ) but I grew up and have always lived in farm country.

I've always considered that farmers have more common sense then the city lawn mower pushers. .. Ray

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Stan Disbrow wrote:Hi,

What you need to do is place an ashtry onto the gas tank and take a pix of that as a joke, of course! ;)

It's interesting that most folks that used such ancient and unsafe devices managed to *not* get hurt while doing so. For decades. Then, that one suburban homeowner came along, and, well, did something very wrong and right in front of everyone in the neghborhood. So now we get 'safe' stuff that doesn't do the job nearly as well. Sigh.

Stan
A joke to you maybe. My dad would be all over that. He likes to smoke while he's in the parts sink. :shock:

What's the story you're referring to? I'm a bit of a youngin. The safety nazi stuff has been around as long as I can remember.