Lister Diesels

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Swawpy
440 crawler
440 crawler

Lister Diesels

Post by Swawpy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:29 pm

Just curious if anyone here is into Listers, and what you run. I dont own one myself but have been looking here in the NW and the more I learn the more I want one. Just figured since everyone loves the sound of a JD 2 cyl, you all would love a Lister diesel. Just what I need...another project!

Tiny Crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Tiny Crawler » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:14 pm

My buddy picked up one last fall, he is mounting a generator on it and going to run biodiesel that he makes in it. I'm thinking about the same just haven't drop the cash yet, The EPA has banded the sale of them commercially, He got his of of ebay with out the head, the guy had the head in another auction. to get around the EPA issue, EPA can't figure out how to regulate them.

Most of listers now days are manufactured from India when the the original mfg. stopped making them, Kinda like the bug in Mexico.

Here is some helpful links if you haven't already found these. there is some good video clips with the unit running. Love that sound.

http://www.psychicworldusa.com/Lister_Gen/Lister1.html

http://utterpower.com/

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:19 am

I can get Lister up here in Canada .What they dont pass EPA test or just havent bothered trying in US . At the Canadian construction show they had a booth with darn'd neer every engine they make liquid and air cooled .I have an old order menonite customer that I have done conciderable drainage and digging for .He is the group engine mecanic and he even has the Lister sales sign on the door .If you need new parts or tech advice.I should be able to get them for you .Digitup.