new building from afar!

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Bobmn
40C crawler
40C crawler

new building from afar!

Post by Bobmn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:39 pm

To Lavoy and guys: Hello from SUNNY Ca! Boy, this is different from Hibbing Mn!! Been here 35 days in Lompoc Ca. The wifes sister lives here and we are helping out. She is not doing good at all. We had to leave Mn. to come out here in 2 days. Only problem was, we had a crew coming in to build a 40x100 pole building! But, we are way out in the country and folks are very helpful. Bruce, our friend took charge of the site! He calls every day with updates, passing out payments,cking on the crew using the 430 DOZER to push stuff around (with the new tracks and rear sprockets from Lavoy!) And MUD! We have 80ft of clay! It was 50 above, and he had to pull the auger truck around the site. So he calls me Fri. and tells, they had to quit, cause the poles were sinking!! They will have to wait till the grd tightens up. It's hard to be this far away, and to do things back home......BUT good friends can make it happen! Thanks to everyone for letting me vent some!! BobMn

BROKE AGAIN
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by BROKE AGAIN » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:05 pm

hibbing huh. i'm in effie (north of bigfork)
nice to know someone else is around. if this 2ft of snow i got outside my window is at your building site........ might be awhile before progress continues. hope all goes well
WISH IT WOULD STAY RUNNING!!!!

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Been snowing here for 14 hours, they are talking another 4-6 inches through the night. Just talked to the neighbor, his folks are 70 miles East of here, they have 19 inches, and have been without power since early morning. I just bladed the driveway and yard Thursday in a light sweatshirt with the sun shining, now there is a foot deep snow drift in the middle of the yard.
Lavoy

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 am

I know it's a little late in the season, but you were begging for snow earlier this winter Lavoy! :lol:
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:32 pm

I know, I know, but the key was EARLIER in the year, not now. :lol:
lavoy

real550A
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by real550A » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Hey Broke and Bob-
My place is in Balsam Twp., just east of Spider Lake. That's just a ways
down 38 from Effie, and west of Hibbing about 20 miles. I get over to
Hibbing Raceway for the Sat. nite fun a few times every summer. Mike
Mike B.
350-B Loader
IHC 2424 Loader
IHC 3444 Loader
MC (sold)
OC-3 (sold)

BROKE AGAIN
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by BROKE AGAIN » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:57 am

misery loves company. am surprised that there is people that close by on this site. anyone brave enough to try the lakes after all the snow?
gonna see if i can find my maple sap buckets this afternoon. looks like they might break loose today. have them at the in-laws....... he said you could just see the top of the handles :cry:
WISH IT WOULD STAY RUNNING!!!!

Bobmn
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD shed. well, it's GREEN....

Post by Bobmn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:50 am

Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply! Snow!! Neighbor called and said 32" and 5" more 3 days later. Broke and Real...neat to see folks this close to home!! Be fun to get together some time this summer/ fall. Coffee"s always on at our farm...When we arn't out in Ca, Well to up date on the shed....MUD MUD Bruce our "foreman" has more dozer "seat time" than me! He has been having to pull the auger truck around the site, Well as they were done with the truck, and trying to get to hard grd, they got stuck. They use old sled rubber tracks to drive on...and the tires would spin on those. Even the 430 spun. Sooo they had to call a wrecker to winch it out. Well that slid also, so a double line, and used the dozer for a dead man. Then out it came...8hrs later! The crew was covered with mud, but Bruce on the cat was CLEAN.........so you know what the crew wanted to do!! I always miss the fun!! And we had just bought a 706MM 4x4 tractor last week..... 10,000 #s with new tires. I would have loved to pulled that truck out with that !! The tractor is in Stacy mn, 5m from where we lived before we retired.Our son lives6m from where the tractor is and he and our grandson ck'd it out. the fellow is storing the MM till we get back. Thanks for the replys BobMn[/img]