Maybe funny, maybe not.

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe funny, maybe not.

Post by Lavoy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:33 am

Okay, maybe this is only funny in my twisted mind, but here goes. Due to parts problems, supplier problems, and a plethora of other problems, the current crawler in the shop has literally turned into the crawler from hell. To add to that, it has to leave with me to a national show in about 8 days, andit is still hanging in the stand.
My neighbor was over yesterday helping me fix screw-ups and problems all day. Late in the day, the comment was made that this was kind of like the show Orange County Choppers show, so the joke of the day last night was I am going to start a show called Cass County Crawlers. That, and I am thoroughly convinced, that my character will be about the same, or worse than Mikey on OCC.
Lavoy

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

good one

Post by rjamesh2008 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:10 pm

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
now ,, i just wish i wasnt so darn far from the expo,, just to see how it all turned out,,, wish you the best of luck there lavoy
john deere 350 b,, 89' cat e110b excavator,,, and the badest 71' ford 700 dump truck

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by BKahler » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Ok, time for you to install a web cam in your shop. It would be a hoot to watch you working away in the Cass County Crawlers shop!

Brad

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:58 pm

Given the level of language that has been floating in there lately, it would be an R rated show for sure!!!!!!!!!!
I will try and get a pic of the beast up soon, it is kind of a unique crawler, a 430 hardnose with winch, brush rake, and on rubber pads.
Lavoy

tuney443
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by tuney443 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:55 am

Lavoy--from the short time I've been on this site,I will assure you that you are not portrayed anything like Mikey or the other 2 characters from OCC.They are very close to me and are regarded locally as arrogant as hell,are above paying their bills,and simply build absolute garbage.At bike rallies,knowledgeable bikers don't give them the time of day.An electrician friend of mine travelled app. 1.5 hours to them to fix an electric gate.He fixed it in about 5 minutes,before he finished packing his tools,big Paul says''You're not going to charge me for that,now are you?"
Found the skull to the mastodon in Hyde Park, youngest one ever found so far in the world in 2000.

JD35D midi exc.
JD410G TLB
JD450D Dozer
2 JD 440 track loaders
JD 420 track loader
JD 450C track loader

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Thought of this today while I was working on my own crawler from hell, it should have been done a week ago, but keep finding more things needing fixed. It did move today though, just few more minor things. But a few years ago a college student in Pittsburgh got a grant to build a house from scrap lumber while wearing a lobster suit, it's called performance art. Well why shouldn't some of rednecks get art grants to work on our equipment.

I don't have a lobster suit but I do have a lime green polyester leisure suit. It was a gift in 1977 from my EX mother-in-law.

Terry

BROKE AGAIN
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by BROKE AGAIN » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:11 am

thats the best idea for a reality tv show i"ve ever heard.
but you could incorporate some other themes from other shows as well.

"all i have is this old worn out 1010 crawler loader."
"no r.o.p.s. or cigarette ligther option"
"without a BIG winch sticking out on the back the girls won't even talk to me"
"please help me lavoy" "pimp my ride"

when you go to make the pilot consider casting me for a part.
i can be the weird (handsome) guy that lurks in the background mumbling to himself. possibly slightly intoxicated. :)
WISH IT WOULD STAY RUNNING!!!!

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:25 am

Ya realy Lavoy add some bling to the thing!! .My some day sales tactic for a show like that would be to combine Trailer Park Boys and O.C.C then if they got mad at each other they could get out the pot and forget about it or party till you drop .I know it takes a good mecanic to work on things when they start getting frustrating .When I was a mecanic I could do things I can't do now as a contractor patience is not my best habbit in life .I find I have pressured my self business wise to a point of no return to patience levels of old but I also work with my son and we could never say the things they say to each other on national tv let alone there rage sesions .That's just not right money or no money and share the wealth or it bites your A$$ in the end .Digitup.

cowboy4996
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by cowboy4996 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 am

I'm liking this idea. Let's get those cameras rolling. :D

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by BKahler » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 am

I have been planning on setting up a camera system in my shop and actually have all the equipment to do so. The only reason I haven't installed it yet is because we're moving to Kentucky later this year so I figured I'd wait until then.

The main reason I plan on installing one is to allow my wife to view whats happening in the shop. Should something happen to me she would be able to get help if needed. It will also be part of our security system. Currently we have 3 cameras that watch the property. The nice thing is we can view the cameras via the internet so anywhere we're at we can call up our website and see whats happening. Kinda handy!

Brad

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Well, I see a multitude of problems with this idea.
With all the blue haze of the last couple weeks, it would look like a scene from the FOG. Not only that, it would have to be an adult only site unless I get someone with a BEEP button.
The next problem would be that it would be so boring, it could possibly lead to an increased suicide rate among viewers. Or, you guys would be laughing so hard at all my screw-ups, that there is a danger of falling out of the computer chair from laughter and getting hurt.
But, the worst of all is, given my dashing good looks, keen sense of humor, and overall wit, it would become a haven for chicks in no time, and I would spend all day answering the phone from potential admirers.
Lavoy

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:00 pm

At that point when done with a crawler you could go out and harrass the neighbourhood with it .Tearing up main street with the crawler would be no problem [Any good lawyers on this site] .Digitup.

Eric.MacLeod
440 crawler
440 crawler

chick magnet

Post by Eric.MacLeod » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:16 am

quick lavoy open a window! to many paint fumes ha,ha :lol:

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 pm

Paint, brake cleaner, wet dog, etc!!!
Lavoy

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:05 am

Wow, a wet dog. You're tougher than I thought.
Bill Wattson