Project DEERE truck

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
JD430C
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Project DEERE truck

Post by JD430C » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Almost a year and a half ago i bought a 85 K20 with the 6.2 diesel. figured last winter i would restore it from the ground up cause it was pretty bad. Well i got busy and it never got started. In July i found a 3pt chipper that sounded too good to be true, so a friend and i hopped in his 86 chevy 1ton to go get it, but it turned out to be too small. We were close to a friend of mine so we stopped and i ended up getting a JD 329 out of a combine. Figured i would put it in a crawler that i was going to build. Well about half way home we got to talking about it and my friend said "u can put that in your truck". I thought he was joking, but he just kept saying it. So we unloaded and did some measuring and decided that it could be done. all i could think is oh boy another project :). It was also about this time that i decided a 1ton would take the engine weight better than a 3/4ton so i started searching for one, but i am having a really hard time finding one. Doesn't seem to be many in the northeast.

So here's what i have so far, two 6cyl JD 329 engines and a 4spd allison transmission. My friend found the allison for me, and the second JD 329 has the same bolt pattern as the tranny, so i am hoping they will bolt up without any trouble. i currently dont have any pics of the allison, but am hoping to get some soon.
jds- 450B, 450C, 550, 4020, 3140 MFWD, 5200 MFWD