HSUS – Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:32 pm

As regards pregnant sows, they are kept in farrowing crates for a reason. If a farrowing sow can turn around, and is not confined to a SMALL degree by the parallel bars running along side of her that in no way infringe upon her laying down, you will have more dead baby pigs than live ones. Farrowing sows must be in farrowing crates or something similar, or the baby pigs must be removed immediately on birth, or the sow will lay on them, and kill them. It is not malice on her part, it just happens. I don't really think anyone for the most part is for animal cruelty, but these nuts have no grasp of reality in most cases. I didn't say all, just most.
As an aside, most of these groups are adamantly opposed to hunting. Evidently it is more humane to let overpopulated game animals starve to death, than it is to hunt them.
Lavoy

Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

Ohio Issue 2 Passed 2/3 Majority

Post by Pammark » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:59 pm

This last Nov 3rd, Issue 2 in Ohio passed with a 2/3 majority vote. This allows the state to set up a 13 board member working on animal care and food safety standards in the state. Of course HSUS is furious because it back-doored their confidence they could just walk over the state. This also sets the stage for other states in the corn belt to follow suit.

Unfortunately MI legistalture turned their back on their agriculture by accepting HSUS's demands without even a fight. That makes Michigan simialr to California with heavy animal restrictions forwarding the HSUS vegan agenda.

I heard California egg industry is already trying to import eggs into the state and some egg rationing is being planned. Like was said before, this is just the tip of the ice-berg.

Keep abreast of your state and see if HSUS tries to walk through with their sad cats and dog pictures looking for donations. I have seen their ads on Ohio TV increasing lately probably due to their failure at the polls.

Mark
JD 2010 Crawler with Loader

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Re: Plants Have Rights Too

Post by Ray III » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Dr Joe wrote:OK, so lets get this straight. You can not kill an animal for food, you can not stop the coyote from thinning your flock, you can not harvest the grain, and you can not weed the garden. So what do we eat?
Nuts and berries, of course.

After the plant drops them, that is.

joeturner1977
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by joeturner1977 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:32 am

No, I do not think they would let you take what would be a next generation plant. That could be as conterversial as abortion topics. (That is if we are going personify all living things.)
-Joe
1958 420c w/mc60 blade

pop pop
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

pansy-assed-no good political propaganda is killing america

Post by pop pop » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 pm

ya the sows need tight cages,
but the chickens need to be educated so they can roam free,
go to the coop twice a day to lay ,,,
pelosi must reform the tax laws to provide an education for the chickens,,, and because they cannot fly, must be given compesation ,,
,also,
thousands of jobs will be created,
in an effort to inspect each egg for signs of life,,,
you never know when a rogue rooster could have been in the henhouse,,
the chicken farmer will be forced to provide ob-gyn care for the hens.
and mcdonalds employees will have to have sensitivity training in order to handle scrambled eggs........
.wait a minute,
i remember way back when the chickens were free
and were smart enough to go to the coop to lay,,,,,
hey , lets give them voting privliges so they can decide,,,
,oh wait,,,isn't that how pelosi got in.?.
where's the mechanical plucker when ya need it...

p.s.
speaking of PETA,
has anybody see pamela anderson lately???
man is she getting "long in the tooth",,,
no wonder she's sticking up for animals,,
she's lookin like a wet dog these days....
440icd/602/8a,,440icd/831/ripper,,440icd/831/3pt.,misc. 440 parts, i have 5 of these now, but i can stop anytime :cry:

2010OWNER
440 crawler
440 crawler

Is it a case of a few bad apples? Or is it common practice?

Post by 2010OWNER » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:52 pm

"Animal welfare victories prompt farmers' PR moves
By TRACIE CONE (CP) – 5 hours ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Consumers have been led for years to believe California cows are happy, which is why many were sickened when images surfaced of a washed-up milker, too weak to stagger to slaughter, rolled, pushed and run over by a forklift operator.

The suffering cow covertly taped by the Humane Society of the U.S. prompted the biggest beef recall in U.S. history and contributed to sweeping legislation over the past 13 months designed to improve the lives of farm animals. But more important for farmers, it awakened the masses to the stark reality for many animals raised for food.

This October, as the animal protection organization taped workers at a Vermont veal slaughterhouse kicking and shocking day-old calves, the National Milk Producers Federation began urging dairy operators to participate in a new standard-of-care program it is launching in January."

KIRO TV covertly filmed similar treatment of "downer" cows at a slaughterhouse in Chehalis a couple of years ago.
B.
'63 2010 Dozer, '44 Model B Tractor,'65 2010 Tractor, '55 40c crawler, '77 2240 Orchard Tractor.

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Those covertly taped videos are of activities that are absolutley against the code of Federal Regulations and have been for years. Do some places still do it? of course. but only because the laws and regulations already on the books aren't being followed.
1960 440ICD #461094 w/ #63 manual blade Converted to a gas engine two owners ago.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Kind of funny that only the "bad" ones ever show up on TV, you never see the ones that adhere to the laws. I guess the problem the way I see it is, they will never be satisfied with ANY animal confinement regardless of treatment.
While I am on my rant, and my family raised livestock, so I am not talking about something I have heard, this is what I have experienced, what I was taught in college, and what I have seen at neighbors farms that I grew up around. An abused animal does not gain weight, produce as much milk, or whatever the criteria may be as well as one that is happy. Animal farmers are not stupid, regardless of what you might see on TV. Profitability if measured by dollars input vs. dollars for finished product. If you mistreat your animals, they will not produce the net income that well cared for animals will, it is just that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What has always burned my ass is a bunch of people with an AGENDA, looking to stop EVERYONE engaged in a certain business. Go ahead and pass more laws against animal abuse, it will do no good. As has been already stated, the laws already exist. If the unquestionably BAD people in the TV show already could care less that they are breaking the existing law, what the hell makes anyone think they are going to give a damn about a NEW law???????????????????????????
If you want to fix the so-called problem, fine the lawbreakers to the point that is it no longer financially possible for them to continue to break the law, or to the point that it breaks them financially. Either way, the problem will be solved.
In another year or so, my family will have been involved in production agriculture in ND for 100 years. Many of our neighbors and their families have been at it longer than that, we were relative newcomers to the area, not having homesteaded our ground. Good HONEST farmers do not abuse their animals or their land, if they do, everyone around knows about it, and they are not well liked or respected. Given how competitive farming has become, I guarantee someone will drop a dime on you if you are breaking the law. Thus ends the rant.
Lavoy

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Lavoy,
I so severly edited my rant above that I may have left the wrong impression. When I said that the laws already on the books were not being followed, I originally was refering to the regulators not using the regulations effectively. If they were enforced the way that they could be, the truley bad operators would be put out of business and the word would spread.
I grew up in a midwestern Veterinary practice, became a Vet,Practiced and also worked in the USDA. There are good operators and bad operators in all aspects of food animal production. Most are good but there are some pretty shitty assholes out there.
The other problem that bothers me is WHO gets to decide exactly what is HUMANE. It seems everyone is afraid to question what exactly humane treatment means, then if that definition does not allow the vast majority of the world population their main protien source(the definition that HSUS wants), we need to have an HONEST discussion about changing the definition. As with most other issues this Honest discussion has to be with our votes to remove the 545.

" 545 PEOPLE
By Charlie
Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we
have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.
You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of
Representatives does.
You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices
545 human beings out of the 300 million > are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the
Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.
I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their
fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of
Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted - by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.
If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the
people, it's because they want it that way.
There are no insoluble government problems.
Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they
can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.
They, and they alone, have the power.
They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses provided
the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

Our great legislator's keep the people divided for a reason, it allows them to do as they please. When the American public comes to this realization, then and only then will things change. The fight is not amongst ourselves but for ourselves."

sorry, rant over! Please delete this if you wish.
1960 440ICD #461094 w/ #63 manual blade Converted to a gas engine two owners ago.

pop pop
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

poli-ticks

Post by pop pop » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 am

dont we still have the right to "tar-n-feather" the political numbnuts??
its still on the books,right?
i'm talking real tar, feathers from the koop floor, shit and all,
then , we can throw them in a dakota snowbank to cool,,,
440icd/602/8a,,440icd/831/ripper,,440icd/831/3pt.,misc. 440 parts, i have 5 of these now, but i can stop anytime :cry:

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:05 pm

I love a good rant. Charlie Reese was right we need to vote them out, BUT WE DON'T. If we keep voting the same clowns into office we got nobody to blame but ourselves

Don't remember who said it butwhen it comes to political office, "the fact that a person actually wants the job proves they are fit for it."

As for Pamela Anderson looking "long in the tooth" I am suprised. She has so much silicone and preservatives in her I figured they could dig he up in 10,000 years dust her off and she would be ready to party.

Terry

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 pm

That should read "the fact that want the job proves they

That should read "the fact that they want the job proves the AREN'T fit for it

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:12 pm

The preservatives and silicone are fine, it is the rest of here that is falling apart. :lol:
Lavoy

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Well dam she was in good shape when she left Canada .About twenty years ago or so .A few of your American boys must have been a bit rough on her down there!!.I guess drugs and partying will take it's tool on the best of them though .Digitup.

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Digitup,

Yea, I "wood" think quite a few "tools" have taken their toll on her.

Chuck