HSUS – Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Dr Joe
MC crawler
MC crawler

HSUS – Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

Post by Dr Joe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:49 pm

The Humane Society of the United States is not what it is made up to be. It is typical for special interest groups to use people’s emotions to support their cause. They show off sad-eyed puppies and scrawny cats for your dollars. In reality they do not support any local animal shelters by a similar name, and are on the trek to abolish all animal agriculture; including zoos, circuses, hunting, and even pets. They just use a similar name to mislead the public for donations.

HSUS just forced the passage of Proposition #2 in California, which will devastate agriculture in our future. They outlawed animals in pens. Anyone getting in their way before election was tied up in courts with law suits from their $100 million lawyer budget. Look at the below website for a list of legal battles they are proud of. The USDA (us taxpayers) was sued along with the local state university trying to call out “Foul Play”. They are planning to roll through the corn-belt states with a similar agenda.

If you look at their web site www.hsus.org you will see they state the three-tier plan for “Animal Rights”. The three-R’s; reduce, refine, replace. If you grow animals or grain fed to animals; what part of the three R’s do you want? It isn’t multiple choice; but the stages of action.

Do a search on their website for “Meat Recipes” and they will list many meat substitutes. Do a search for “vegan” and the list is even longer.

Another group to be aware of is PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), which is unethical in the means they collect their information. Several years ago they paid some kids to do their dirty work and break into some local egg farms, stage gruesome pictures of animal cruelty, and post them on the Internet. They breached national biosecurity laws between farms (our food supply), which caused more harm than good and risked the health of the very same animals they claim to protect. This is not to mention ushering underage kids into a life of crime. Ask yourself’; is this ethical? Just a few weeks ago more breakins by PETA were done with similar malicious intent.

If you are vegetarian, then that is your purgative. Do not force the nation to be a Vegan through government control and law. Donate your dollars with the full understanding of what they are being used for.

What can be done? Just be informed and talk to your neighbors. When you start to see animal rights propaganda near election time and ballots appearing supported by the HSUS; be prepared to live the consequences of higher food costs, more veggies, and no pets.

Dr. Joe DVM
350B owner

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I have long been suspicious of the intentions of those people.

What's that all about with outlawing animals in pens in California? How else are you supposed to raise animals, invisible fence and shock collars? I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, the whole state needs to fall into the Pacific. Some of the legislators over there are so stupid they nearly outlawed water because some joker told them that hydrogen monoxide was fatal if inhaled.

shinnery
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by shinnery » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Ray
Was that HOH or H2O they were outlawing??
Bryce
:roll: :P :D
No trees were hurt in the creation of this message.
But, many electrons were terribly bothered.

440IC/602, 2-440ICD/831 MM UBU-LP, 445N-LP, 445E-LP, BIG MO 400-M, 4 Star-LP M5-D, M5-LP, M602-LP, M670-LP, G900-LP, G900-D, G1000 Vista-LP Case 580CK

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:43 am

Dihydrogen monoxide to be exact, plain old water.

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:44 am

Never mind, you caught me on a slow thinking day. I was wondering what chemical HOH was...

shinnery
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by shinnery » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:56 pm

That is about the only thing I remember from a college chemistry class, in the fall of '63 I guess. Just after I got out of the USN.
Bryce
:roll: :)

440IC/602, 2-440ICD/831 MM UBU-LP, 445N-LP, 445E-LP, BIG MO 400-M, 4 Star-LP M5-D, M5-LP, M602-LP, M670-LP, G900-LP, G900-D, G1000 Vista-LP Case 580CK

Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

Chemistry Labs

Post by Pammark » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 am

I used to manage chem labs and we had MSDS sheets on everything, including water, air, and nitrogen (78% of the air you breathe). To read the safety notes, it is a wonder all of us are alive.

Mark
JD 2010 Crawler with Loader

Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

Thanks for the Warning

Post by Pammark » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks Joe for the update on the HSUS. I see they are aready in Ohio on the same scam. I hope all get informed by looking at their website hsus.org.

I could not figure how the HSUS thinks animals have the same rights as humans. I found it in their website talking about various religious views.

In the Bible, God breathed an immortal sole into mankind and gave him dominion over the plants and animals of the earth. HSUS says that since God did not specifically say "animals do not soles", then HSUS figures by omition animals have mortal soles and therefore inaleinable rights. There are some that will prove a point by quoting the Bible. HSUS is making a point by quoting what is not in the Bible. How strange.

If animals have soles and rights, then so do insects and plants (they are living forms too). If the coyote has rights to attach a flock of sheep (outlaw hunting), then weeds have rights to take over your garden. According to HSUS, Man should not control other living forms.

HSUS is a Vegan activist group. How are they going to feed a nation if weeds can not be controlled by herbicides or even a hoe? What about the rights of a nasty microbe in your body. Antibitoics are outlawed under their reasoning.

How far does one want to take this? HSUS is just out to pad their pocket and do not have any alternatives to offer other than drive up the cost of animal food products pushing vegetarianism.

Mark
JD 2010 Crawler with Loader

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:18 pm

If all animals have rights, then isn't the coyote infringing on the sheep's right to life when it attacks it? How is the coyote supposed to live while respecting the rights of other animals? I'd like to see their explanation for that. :lol:

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:56 am

My dad always referred me to this verse in the King James Bible:

Genesis 9:3 “Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

shinnery
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by shinnery » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Yes and Armadillos sure are good eating. We pretty much eliminated them from a deer lease I used to participate in.
Bryce

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:08 pm

I don't know that I could eat armadillos- can't you get leprosy from them? :shock:
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Dr Joe
MC crawler
MC crawler

Plants Have Rights Too

Post by Dr Joe » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 am

I am glad this topic is catching on. The latest I seen was the Swiss passed a law that there is "Plant Dignity" and this was noticed when a crop of wheat was being harvested. The poor stalks were cut by the thousands, ripped from their nutrient supply, run through the wringer, threshed, and the baby seeds removed from its lifeline.

What is the world coming too?

OK, so lets get this straight. You can not kill an animal for food, you can not stop the coyote from thinning your flock, you can not harvest the grain, and you can not weed the garden. So what do we eat?

Road Pizza is still OK. As long as you do not hit the possum yourself (let the other driver burn in hell), you can scoop up lunch off the road and cook up the burgers quick.

If you would like a good education, look up "Plant Rights" on a search engine and get ready for hours of intertaining reading.

Oh I forgot the next topic. Fungus and bacteria rights. There goes your family doctor prescribing an antibiotic.

Dr. Joe
350B owner

cinok
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by cinok » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Here is a perfect example of the lack of knowledge of animals he humane society has. Was driving past the pound and saw this beautiful great pyrenees. I went to talk to them about him, they told me he would be a problem because he spent his life abused.i asked if he showed any aggressive behavior, they said no. I asked how he was abused their answer was "He was left outside all the time with the goats and he had limited human contact " after i cleaned up the coffee I spit out, I asked whats wrong with that and informed them he was LGD and that's what i needed. I was told they would not "adopt" for a 150 fee ,to me because I was going to further abuse him. I left and returned a little later with a printed description of a Pyrenees and was told to leave. I did see them try to write down my tag # but I had already gone through a mud puddle.

2010OWNER
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by 2010OWNER » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Hmmm,
I wonder how the Humane Society could have such force as to make 63%, of the people voting on the measure, to be for Proposition 2?

And, if they do have such power, how do I get them to support single payer health care?

I found this description of proposition 2 on the Web:

"The law, which takes effect in 2015, requires that calves raised for veal, pregnant pigs, and hens used for commercial egg production must be given enough space to lie down, stand up, fully extend their limbs, and turn around without bumping into other animals, walls and bars in the confinement area. Though the law affects pregnant pigs and “veal” calves, the majority of animals affected are the state’s nearly 20 million egg-laying hens."

I read on another site that, to comply with the law, egg producers have to increase the size of their pens from 72 square inches to 217 square inches.

My old red handkerchief covers 400 square inches.

I suppose there are still people who believe it infringes on their rights to have cock fighting and dog kicking be illegal.

I must admit, the factory farms can provide meat and eggs cheaply, but I think I'd vote for this if it ever came up to Washington State.
Brian
'63 2010 Dozer, '44 Model B Tractor,'65 2010 Tractor, '55 40c crawler, '77 2240 Orchard Tractor.