HSUS – Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Remember she hung out with a bunch of low life losers like Hefner, Tommy Lee and Kid Rock. She never had herself a real man, one that knows what a reverser is for and can tension a dozer track.

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:01 pm

I would think Hefners crew would just wear her out and Tommie Lee's clean living bunch didn't do her any good .Kid Rock ain't the greatest health freak of the bunch either .How the heck did we on to this topic any way? I am sure that Lavoy could tighten things back up for her anyway but what to do about the sag!! .Digitup.

Eric.MacLeod
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Eric.MacLeod » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 am

maybe just wave a torch over her a few times like you would shrink tight, that should do it!!

roadbuilder
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by roadbuilder » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:45 am

Does shrink tubing even come that size? Might be cheaper to adopt the dog. :lol:

Happy New Year
If it's worth doin', it's worth doin' right.

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:32 pm

I was watching that show How It's Made on the Science channel I think, and they showed a state of the art milking facility with all these pampered cows that didn't even have any manure to walk in. They walk into a robotic milking stall when they feel like being milked.

It was good to see a positive portrayal of dairy on TV, though I think they set some unrealistic expectations of what a good operation looks like. My dad said that milking stall alone costs a quarter million dollars.

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Well I hear that the animal rights activists are even standing up for Punksatony Phil now .The animal rights activists are saying it is cruel to keep a groundhog in captivity in the real world .Apparently they don't live in the real world because in my neck of the woods ground hogs are target practice.The Canadian groundhog is Wiarton Willie and he is an albino (Yes someone actually spends his spare time looking for and capturing albino groundhogs every six years or so! )I am sick of winter and they better predict right or I am going to take it out on the ground hogs more than ever come spring at that point they will wish someone would put them in a pen and feed them .Digitup.

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:55 pm

You're right, they don't live in the real world. About 20 years back some the those animal rights geniuses from Pittsburgh(gotta love city people) came up with this idea.
They were upset about deer hunting, which is almost a religion here in rural Pa.. Anyhow, they called this thing The Walk in the Woods. Groups went out and wandered around making a lot of noise to "disrupt the hunt."
I've been told that what they really did was put on some of the greastest deer drives of all time.
Maybe I can get them to come to the farm next winter.

Terry

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:22 pm

A city slicker neighbor moved in three years ago and has tried shutting down Sunday hunting as well as all deer hunting in our four townships .Her sister was killed just at the edge of town a year ago while driving up to visit her.It's a different story now .Now they realize these things come through the front windshield and kill .It's real hard trying to tell these people that with the light winters we have been having and the controlled hunts abolished by the anti hunters the deer are so plentiful that the corn crops are really taking a hit one side of my one and only corn field this year was so trampled that 60 feet out was wasted the length of the bush about 1100 feet long so 60x1100 is 66000square feet divided by 43560 square feet per acre is 1.51 acres that is enough waste in one spot to take the profit out of farming I am too busy to go hunting in the fall but usually find my deer on the job or splattered into the front of my truck at five in the morning .Digitup.

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Sounds a lot like my wife. She was ambivalent about me hunting. We really didn't need the meat so it was Like I was bloodythirtsy. Until her garden got wiped out a couple of times. Now I can't shoot enough rabbits, coons or deer to suit her.

Terry

roadbuilder
440 crawler
440 crawler

wolves

Post by roadbuilder » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:55 am

I fought it, I truly did. The impulse to comment on one of my many governmental frustrations is too great to resist! :? Especially since this swung to hunting.
My family has lived in this area since 1890, coming here from Missouri, in the late 1880s. Part of homesteading back in the hills was to get rid of stock killing animals such as the cougar and coyotes. They were shot on sight! I don’t remember any stories of wolves around here but maybe they were gone by “our time”. Game was plentiful. Elk and deer herds were large. Even back then there were hunting seasons.
Up till about 10 years ago, landowners could get damage control tags for elk, just by calling in to the fish & game. I was able to get a tag with just a hunting license, and get it renewed by phone for up to 6 months. If you kill one, they tend to avoid your place for a couple of years, unless you kill the lead cow. General season tags were issued the day before the hunts began. Now you have to apply for a general season tag, which you may or may not get by a drawing process. You get 3 hunt options and may wind up not getting any tag! :? If you are on the landowner’s permission list and are unsuccessful in the regular season, you turn in your tag for the damage permit. We were only issued 2 permits this year. We have 2 herds of 16(2 less now) :D and 25 elk, which come through and graze in the hayfields. They also issue Dad a permit so he can harass them and drive them out of the fields. That’s hard on fences though. Two other growing herds cross the highway (narrow 2 lane) downriver, on the way to town each morning. That’s 2 - 3 herds in 15 miles of road! Given the ground they cover, unless you see them on the same day, I hesitate to say there are 4 separate herds. One cow elk was hit by a log truck 2 years ago, so far no cars though. :shock:
With the number of animals increasing, you’d think tags would be easier to get. Getting permission from the landowners is usually easy if you just ask and abide by their rules. Our F&G decided they need to get more young people involved in hunting so they added a few youth hunts, selling more tags. Then they increased all license and tag fees (including fishing) by about 30% this year. It’s all about the money.
You can’t hunt cougar or bear with dogs anymore. So sightings in town are becoming common, as they are losing their fear of humans. (Elk are showing up in town as well). I’ve heard they are thinking of repealing the dog-hunting ban.
Our State has determined they need to reintroduce wolves to help control the elk numbers. They are letting the wolves migrate in. I guess it’s more natural that way. Last year a pair of wolves went on a stock killing spree in the central part of the state. It was determined they had killed just for fun so the wolves were destroyed. Go figure. :roll:
Do animal rights activists believe that modern predators have a different psyche than their ancestors and we can just get along? The old timers had reasons for what they did!
Venting over.
If it's worth doin', it's worth doin' right.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:52 pm

I wish they could have seen some of the deer up here when I was younger and we had a terrible tough winter. The deer were starving to death in droves. The farmers were feeding some, the wildlife clubs were feeding, I think the state even dropped some feed in by helicopter. I can't imagie how many thousand died a slow death by starvation, but I guess that if preferable to a bullet huh?
Lavoy

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Our snowmobile trails are just open here as we have had a light winter to this point but got dumped on several times lately .The last several years the deer have used the packed trails to move around on . they are just starting this week to use the trails to get around again so there is no speeding on trails.I got pictures of some large herds on trail and you wouldn't believe it they don't get any further off the trail than they have to either so these animals aren't even scared of the machines.I met up with a bunch the other night and you could smell the darned things just before you were on them if the wind was in the right direction and you aren't doing 60 mph into a pack of them you got a chance.Digitup.

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:04 pm

These animal rights people are totally out of touch with how the natural world works. Most of them are city people, never been in the woods or around a farm, they get most of their ideas from Disney movies.

Wild animals do not die quietly surrounded by their loved ones. Most of them die violently because something else kills them and eats them, doesn't always kill them first. If I remember it right 95% of juvinile rabbits are killed in the nest.

No mercy for the slow, stupid, clumsy or unlucky.

Recently was on jury duty, one of the jurors was talking about her trip to Yellowstone, they saw a buffalo taken down by the wolves. This other lady asked her "didn't anybody stop them?"

Where do you even start explaining things to somebody that clueless?

Terry

JD440ICD2006
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by JD440ICD2006 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:23 pm

One of the funniest but yet saddest comments I ever heard was when one of these activist was being interviewed. They told how "inhumane" is was to "slaughter" cows, pigs, and chickens.
When asked if they ever ate meat, they replied, "yes, but I buy mine at an upscale grocery store."
1959 JD 440ICD w/64 Power Angle Tilt Blade
1959 JD 440ICD w/63 Manual Angle Blade
1959 JD 440IC w/602 Manual Angle Blade
1959 JD 730D W SE (many options)
1950 JD M S w/M-20 Mower
1952 JD M W
1955 FORD 640 (burns the most fuel)

shinnery
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by shinnery » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 pm

On the subject of feeding deer from helicopters, I have heard a deer can starve to death with a stomach full of hay because they do not have the right ensigmes or whatever in their stomach to digest it unless the have eaten hay in some amount all along.
Bryce
No trees were hurt in the creation of this message.
But, many electrons were terribly bothered.

440IC/602, 2-440ICD/831 MM UBU-LP, 445N-LP, 445E-LP, BIG MO 400-M, 4 Star-LP M5-D, M5-LP, M602-LP, M670-LP, G900-LP, G900-D, G1000 Vista-LP Case 580CK