Specta Physics Laser ?

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
mc_mike
430 crawler
430 crawler

Specta Physics Laser ?

Post by mc_mike » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:01 pm

I am thinking about buying a spectra physics laser plane 350. Anybody have any experience with this brand of laser? Any idea on the specs? Should I stay away or is it a decent unit?

Thanks,
Mike

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

All Trimble-Spectra Physics units are top of the heap as far as I am concerned .I just don't think much of the 600 series and most of the 1400 series are junk or interior units.I have several 350s and the older sister is a EL1 I have one EL1 and it is 24 years old it has payed for it's self many times over .Remember working life isn't what kills a laser it's getting to the job and home that damages the unit.Never carry a laser in the pickup box put it in the cab with you always!! It will last a long time but keep the beating around to a minimum .We have over twelve lasers at our shop at any one time and use the newer 722 units mostly but we have several 350s .So don't bounce any laser unit around in the back of a pickup and they will not last long in that environment plus the carry case for a 350 or 500 make a nice center armrest in a pickup with a bench seat use it for one .I even have one of the old Laser plane [predecessor to Spectra Physics ]called a Command Post units from 1969 in a wooden case kicking around here .They were the first lasers and are still the best .Digitup.