WMATMA 32nd Annual Steam and Gas Engine Show- Featuring JD

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

WMATMA 32nd Annual Steam and Gas Engine Show- Featuring JD

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu May 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Good afternoon-

For those in the Midwest, I thought I would mention that the Western Missouri Antique Tractor and Machinery Association (WMATMA) will be holding the 32nd annual steam and gas engine show between June 25th and 27th in Adrian, MO (about 1 hour south of Kansas City on U.S. 71).

Each year they feature a manufacturer, and the John Deere tractors happen to be this year. There are always a large number of John Deere tractors at this show so this year should be even better.

http://www.wmatma.com/page2.html

It is not a super huge show, but gets a fairly decent turnout and there is a lot of interesting folks that travel from across the region to show their equipment. I will try to post up some pics of last year's show.

There are always a few crawlers but not sure how many will be there this year. It would be a nice irony to have my 2010 crawler there this year (being it is the year 2010), but not sure I will be able to make that work out.

I am not involved in organizing it, but have a farm nearby so try to visit every year and invariably run into neighbors at it.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

I attended the steam show on Saturday- it was a pretty hot day in Western MO but what summer day isn't ;) After I get home from work I will try to post some choice photos of the show.

There were a lot of 2-cylinder JD wheel tractors as well as the plethora of other tractor makes out there.

There were only 3 crawlers in the show- a restored Case, a restored Oliver HG, and a JD 440IC. The 440IC was being used to tow sleds out of the way from the antique tractor pull.

There was also a 420C for sale at this show for a reasonable price- it was not at the show locaiton but nearby. It had a Henry loader. I may be able to post up pics and contact info if interested.

There was a neat vendor that had about every brochure, circular, catalog that was ever made by the various tractor manufacturers. I ended up buying the 2010 crawler brochure- I had only seen it for sale another place once before so went ahead and got it.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment