Santa Clause has down sized!!!!

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Santa Clause has down sized!!!!

Post by LeonardL » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm

I was traveling with my wife the other day, on a trip to see her Mother who is in a nursing home.
While driving East on one of Missouri's curviest roads, Highway 32 in case there is anyone wanting to know or who might care.
This particular stretch of road winds its way through Mark Twain National Forest. I'm always on the look out for White tail deer that seem to wait for the right opportunity to see just how long they can wait before they jump out in front of unsuspecting travelers! Usually me! But what we saw on this day was shocking to say the least!
As I rounded one of these switch back curves, I just about lost control of my vehicle! We met Santa Clause on a fully dressed Harley Davidson motor cycle. His beard was parted down the middle of his chin as it was blowing back across each shoulder and flapping in the breeze. He was wearing aviator goggles and what looked like an old leather aviators helmet. His bright red and white suit was barely showing under his black leather riding chaps and coat.
Then to make the shock of it all even worse! Right behind him on a very sleek Harley Davidson crotch rocket, was an elf! What is going on?! The Elf, dressed in green except for his aviator goggles, his chaps and his coat. My wife was as shocked as I and we started to pondered it all!
What is happening? Where is his sleigh? Where are the eight tiny rein deer? And what about Rudolf?!?! Where is Rudolf?!? Could it be that the down economy has even caught up with Santa Clause? He has obviously down sized and laid off his entire crew of elves! What is coming next? Is the Easter Bunny destined to fall victim as well? I ask you? Where does this end?
We wondered about all those poor little elves out of work and living in a dug out snow bank somewhere near the North pole. Poor little buggers! What will they eat?...
Then... It dawned on us! There are those eight tiny rein deer... I just can't imagine poor Rudolf roasting over an open fire! I wonder if they have any Chest nuts.... Venison anyone?
From our house to your house... Merry Christmas everyone!!!
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:08 am

Priced a Harley lately? That's not downsizing

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Yeah! Point taken! :lol: Maybe with all the cost savings he was able to swing the high cost of the Harley. :D We actually saw these two guys a couple of days later at a VFW hall and there must have been at least one hundred or so motor cycles parked in the lot. Most of which were Harleys and Honda Gold Wings. These guys have become quite the holiday topic around our part of the state. All in good holiday fun.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.