Online Auctions

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Online Auctions

Post by JWB Contracting » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Well guys, my last antique Deere purchase did not turn out very well. I thought I was getting a running 320 tractor. When I picked it up, there was no serial tag and no battery. This didn't make me very happy and I asked the guy if he was sure it was a 320 and he said yes of course.

So, when I got it home I installed a battery but it wouldn't turn over, thought my battery was poor so I boosted with 12 volts. It moved a bit and my cables were sizzling. Took the hood off and checked it out.

Motor was not a M engine as it had a water pump, serial number plate was not in the correct position (like a 40, compared to my brothers 320) and it had a 5 speed transmission. So, I deduced that it was a 420S with a tight engine.

After sending a bunch of pictures to the seller he ageed to take it back. I had contacted the auction company and as they had not paid him yet it may have assisted the buyer in taking it back. The auction company is small but stood behind what the sold so I will be getting my money back shortly.

So in the end all I am out is 8 hours of trucking.

I have always had good luck with buying items over the Internet but this is the first time I could have really got screwed over. I'll be a little more carefull in the future.
Jason Benesch

John Deere 420, 430, 440 & 350C With 3 Point Hitch
John Deere 400G With Winch
John Deere 2010 Crawler Dozer
John Deere 420, 430, 435 & 440 Wheel Tractors