Thank You..

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
JAG
40C crawler
40C crawler

Thank You..

Post by JAG » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:15 am

Thank you all so much for this forum... I sure wish I had found something like this 7 years ago when I first got my little dozer, the 450C. Moved back to the old home place and started cleaning up the old fence lines and clearing off fields that had not been touch for twenty years, redoing the farm roads, and leveling a site for a new barn... Oh, I had been around tractors and other equipment but a crawler was some kind of different animal.

Oh, now we have been through some 500 hours time, taking the head off only to have to rebuild the motor. changing out hydraulic lines, welding up some cracks, getting it stuck and unstuck the first time...... by the way how many have had thier crawler stuck? (have not read anything about that.) For those who have not been stuck, it sure is a lot easier to get there than one would first think.

I have learned that I am a much better at clearing off and pilling brush than doing dirt work. I can not keep a smooth push for nothing.......

I will stop for now..... just THANKS SO MUCH
JAG

spooler
430 crawler
430 crawler

level push

Post by spooler » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:07 pm

I too struggle with a level push. Try going very slow..in fact as slow as possible, to help train your eye and hand cordination. There is a float position for your blade, mine is on my lift control lever, just push it fully forward and it floats there..there might be something similar on a 450..I have never operated a 450 before.

Good Luck,
Spooler

hunter41mag
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hunter41mag » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:09 am

JAG,

I have a JD440IC for about 4 years now and came close to getting it stuck on our family farm a few times. But I have been lucky and was able to get it out under its own power.
Back when I was in my teens my dad had a Cletrac that we used for farming the hills and wet area's. One time he got it stuck in one of the wet areas and spent half a day getting it out. We had two wheel tractors (JD A & B) hooked to it with chains and could not budge it. The only way was to get a bunch of lumber and let the tracks pull it underneath for supporting the Cletrac until it would come out. Once we got it moving we also lined up lumber with the tracks paths until we were on solid ground.

Don
Eastern PA
440IC