John Deere calendar

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Pat
440 crawler
440 crawler

John Deere calendar

Post by Pat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Stopped at my local Deere dealer today to get a few items and a new calendar. Parts man said they only got in one box and were out, but showed me the one they kept. Dealership logo (15 stores), and pictures of dogs. No Tractors! I thought he must be joking. No Deeres! My comment tto the manager was that I guess I'd have to go to a pet store to get a calendar with tractors on it. It was bad enough when they stopped putting classic tractors on them, and went to implements. Am sure the owner has options to choose from when ordering, but guess this new corporate mega dealers don't understand advertising. Time to sell the Deere stock! Anybody else see the same trend? Or is it just my local village idiot.

cowboy4996
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by cowboy4996 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:37 pm

I understand and feel your frustration. At the dealership where I work, we have had 3 different owners in the last 20 years. The current owners (since April) are typical big corporate America.....21 Ag stores and 21 Construction stores. At my store we got 1 box (50) of the dog calendars. That's all we were given.
This is the first year I've actually had quite a few customers say "No Thanks" to the calendar. To the best of my knowledge this is the only calendar the dealerships can order from Deere, so someone at Deere must have thought it was "cute" or something. For myself , I went online and ordered a calendar with all John Deere tractors on it and hung it near my workstation in the parts dept. Most customers ask for one of those. Management has not asked me to take it down, but it wouldn't surprise if they do......
JD MC JD H JD L JD hit and miss engines

gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by gus » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:40 pm

I thought the village idiot was in DC but maybe there's more than one??

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:16 pm

You would think that if the corporate marketing folks decided to put animals on a JD calendar, they would at least use photos of deer! :roll:
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

hydrogeo
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hydrogeo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 am

In defense of JD, I do recall a contractor friend telling me once that "If it's not a CAT it's a dog".