Threshing bee in September at my place

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Threshing bee in September at my place

Post by Lavoy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:08 am

To anyone that is interested, we have are having our annual threshing bee again this year. Right now, it is scheduled for the weekend after Labor Day, this is when we have had it the last few years. If anyone wants to come up, they are welcome, and bring something with to plow with if you want. This is an informal, neighborhood type of deal, not a public show, so don't think it is any big deal by any means, just a day of fun.
Lavoy

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:02 pm

Okay, someone e-mailed and asked for pics. Lo and behold, some idiot forgot about pics until it was too late/dark to take any. Even had the camera in the pickup just for that reason. You know what they say, "Life's hard, even harder when you're stupid."
Turned out to be a great day, sunny, mid 70's, little too windy, but not bad. Someone counted 17 crawlers lined up, and must have been a half dozen or more tractors. We threshed about 5 wagons of oats, then plowed the stubble. I left a little early, but I guess a couple guys stayed until they finished the whole field except one headland.
Saturday was kind of fun too, went over to the neighbors and plowed some of his alfalfa trying to get the plows scoured up. Talk about pulling hard, had a T6 IH on a 3-14's in second gear, about all she would go, nose hanging in the air, barking for all it was worth. Stuffed the plow in the ground all the way, finally stalled it out on one hill, but we were past 10" deep and just touching the clay when I hit the clutch. The alfalfa is about 5 years old, and you could hear the roots snapping as you plowed. Now you know why everyone in my country hated breaking alfalfa.
Lavoy

Little John
430 crawler
430 crawler

Threshing Bee

Post by Little John » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:24 pm

Inquiring if the 'invite' from last year is still valid and if the Saturday after Labor Day is this years date (Sept 8). Thanks, Mora.

Little John
430 crawler
430 crawler

Threshing Bee

Post by Little John » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:25 pm

I have no idea how I got the smiley face instead of Sept 8 !! Love this modern contrivance. Mora