anybody want to sell a winch?

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
philztoy
420 crawler
420 crawler

anybody want to sell a winch?

Post by philztoy » Sun May 01, 2011 8:56 am

I have been taking out some jack pines to put new ones in. Thought I filled in the other stump holes fairly well. Was going to back over this area to get to the next tree. All the rain and maybe a spring in one of the stump holes and the right skid sank down at what felt like a 45 degree angle. The hydraulic pickup must be on the left side because at that attitude the hydraulics were out. Typically, the hoe and or the outriggers will lift the whole side off the ground. Not on this one. The best tool in my box was the number to the local towing company. They sent out a nice semi wrecker with big winch and pulled her right out.

Didn't make much headway on that project. lol. This must be why winches were a popular option on these machines. I could have used one. :) I tried pulling with some big farm tractors but that was futile.

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Nice Pics

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon May 02, 2011 6:29 pm

We often put the crawler in gear and then use the backhoe to push the machine out, but it looks like you are in pretty deep.

Any chance water any water made it into your steering clutches, final drives or hydraulics?
Jason Benesch

John Deere 420, 430, 440 & 350C With 3 Point Hitch
John Deere 400G With Winch
John Deere 2010 Crawler Dozer
John Deere 420, 430, 435 & 440 Wheel Tractors

philztoy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by philztoy » Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 pm

yeah tried to push/pull her out with the hoe. I lost hydraulic power because of the angle. Added some hydraulic fluid but never really got full power for some reason.

I will check the fluids to make sure thanks for pointing that out. Everything was working once it got level. but need to check the fluids for level and water.

Glad it is out.

Thanks for the thoughts

Phil

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

C's Don't Usually Take On Water

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon May 02, 2011 7:44 pm

We do alot of work in the muskeg and have a pair of 350C's and a 450C Widepads with hoes. We don't put our 450G hoe cat in the muskeg as it is much heavier. The C models don't usually take on water unless you have poor gaskets on top of the transmission, steering clutches or steering valves.

It takes some pretty poor conditions to get our wide pads stuck but they have went down a few times in the past. Worst was winching one out with our bed truck and ended up bending a frame section. Had to winch it out from on top of the road, we couldn't get our skidder in straight to winch it out.

Takes alot of time to get them cleaned afterwards too.

I don't imagine it was that expensive to get it pulled out, most likey hurt your pride more than your pocket book.
Jason Benesch

John Deere 420, 430, 440 & 350C With 3 Point Hitch
John Deere 400G With Winch
John Deere 2010 Crawler Dozer
John Deere 420, 430, 435 & 440 Wheel Tractors

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Hay Phil! you aren't having fun unless you are in deeper than that now.What address do you want that thing sent to ?. I have been trying to contact you .It's on it's way to your work watch for it (':shock:')when that deep it becomes a two man hoe one on the tractor and the other on the hoe .I know how useless a tractor can be years ago I got my 450B stuck in a mud hole and the farmer put two 130 plus hp tractors chained together on it.They pulled it ahead several inches then nothing . I decided to backup and give it a run for .After hollering at them several times to no avail .I just through the crawler in reverse and pulled both tractors out of the foot deep holes they were digging at the time .Both drivers hit the cab roof I slammed it in forward and out the 450B popped I don't think they were doing much but hurting them selves when I got out the chain was lose and the drivers were still trying to figure out what the hell happened !.Digitup.

philztoy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by philztoy » Tue May 03, 2011 4:58 am

Hey digitup;

The work address will work just fine. I did have a two man operation going for awhile we made a little head way but not much. Yeah the tractor did nothing. I had a bigger 70 horse but figured it wasn't moving and the 70 horse didn't weigh much more than the 45 horse deere/backhoe combination. The winch on the big semi tow truck was pulling the truck toward the tractor until the guy dropped his rear anchor plates.

Not sure why the hydraulics were sloppy the pickup in the tank went dry when it was tilted to the right. I added a lot of fluid but maybe there was air in the lines by then.

I was kind of hoping it was planted so well maybe it would grow another dozer. :)

Looking forward to the tool tray. Thanks

Phil