2010 Stuck in a "Mud Bog"

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Hope I never have to pay for the wrecker guy.

Seems like it is always clay that baits crawlers because the traction is greater than the friction of any dirt on the underside, but the thing with clay is it has suction. Sinking a crawler in clay is like pressing a toilet plunger against a smooth surface. Takes several times the force of the plunger's weight to unstick it. When I buried my 420 in clay, the suction was so strong that the hydraulics almost could not pull the blade out of it.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:11 am

The wrecker wasn't as bad as you would think- he ended up charging me $300, including the 25 or so mile trip one way from his shop.

I have that soft area resolved now- it is a seasonal seep area caused by interflow from the adjoining corn/bean field. I have built up the road base substantially so it doesn't intersect that area anymore. My problem was I got the crawler down in the ditch to grade it, and then resulting downpours caused the newly improved ditch to erode from beneath the crawler.

I have a couple skid steers now so if they get stuck digging the ditch, the creawler can pull them out :)
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

JAY AND EBBEN
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by JAY AND EBBEN » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:16 am

put that on stuckinthemuck.com
We're not bottom feeders, we're salvage experts!