Crazing Dozing

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Crazing Dozing

Post by CuttingEdge » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:15 pm

In about an hour the guy that is going to haul my dozer home is coming to grab me, then it in turn. This should be an adventure, with him; it always is.

With my last dozer; a John Deere Trackloader, the valves were shot right after I bought it, so my neighbor-mechanic a half mile down the road said he would fix it. But we had to get it there.

I had some guys logging on me, so I figured they would hook onto it and pull it, but they wanted nothing to do with that. The guy hauling my dozer did not care, so being a trackloader, we hooked onto its hiney and down over the hill we go.

It was bad enough as is. A skidder pulling a trackloader backwards down over the hill, and yes all four tires clad in ring chains to boot. Then about half way down the hill here comes the afternoon school bus, he looked at me, I looked at him and we jammed on the brakes. I later told him it was the only time in my life I have ever been pulled backwards in a bulldozer going down over a hill on a paved road while being pulled by a skidder and having to stop for a school bus! Where else does that happen!

Today is no different. The dozer is on a posted road and I live on a posted road, but at 80 years old, laws are meant for others. We are going to drag it home by hook or by crook, or in this case both ways.

But this isn't just about me, what are some of the craziest things you have done with a bulldozer?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Many years ago, we had a lot of never before seen overland flooding at the farm. SOOO, I took my 420C and headed out into the neighbors field to try to cut a slot through the snow to relieve the water pressure. I had to drive with the dozer down some to lower the water level as I drove so the generator fan did not throw the water on the dist and kill the engine.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com