JD 350D Wife Approved

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

JD 350D Wife Approved

Post by CuttingEdge » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:38 am

My wife approves of the new JD 350D

We move a lot of hay bales around with our Kubota Tractor, but two weeks ago both of us were frustrated. We put new inner tubes in the front tires, hooked onto a round bale and promptly blew a front tire out. So we proceeded to change said tire out, then as she let the bucket down and put pressure on the tire, it blew again. So we did it again. 3 times in all.

Today we got 6 inches of snow and she said, "why don't we try the bulldozer". She just HATES to drive the tractor in the snow.

So we used the crawler instead. It's a bladed unit, but we chained the bale to the blade anyway, hoisted it up and headed for the barn. We never got stuck, never blew a tire, heck never even noticed the 700 pound bale was strapped to the front of it. Twice now she has mentioned how nice it worked.

Happy Wife: Happy Life...and I am a thinking, seeing as how the bulldozer as my idea, maybe this would be an opportune moment to ask for some snuggle time.
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Remember to bring up her observations when you want to buy another or newer crawler in the future and she pushes back on the idea. ;)
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi,

I blew a tire on a crawler once.

Yes, I did.

It was laying on its side, buried, and I ran right over it and Pop!

:P

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:45 pm

You posted too late!

I told her that this dozer was just one of my two dozer plan. I needed something small to log with, (to get in between the trees) but in the areas I want to clear I need a MUCH bigger dozer (to get the stumps out).

She mumbled something about being content...
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!