mowing

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

mowing

Post by gus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Headed to the hill. Mowed a couple acres of weeds on a steep hill side. It was dry and I had to stop a couple times to try to wipe weeds off the radiator grill to cool it down. Hot 90 degree day didn't help either.

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:18 am

It has been really hot here too; at 90 degrees for several days. My dozer has never overheated, in fact it does not even hit the warm temperature range, but my tractor sure can.

The interesting part is if I am cutting tree length wood, my tractor operates well into the red, I must be in 5th gear and be in four wheel drive, however when I am hauling 8 foot wood with the Wallenstein log trailer, I can go in 7th gear (out of 8), be in 2 wheel drive and the temperature is in the 180 degree range and holding steady. It just kind of shows how much less the tractor has to work to move even more wood when the load is upon wheels.
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!