350D Homemade PTO and 3 Point Hitch

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

350D Homemade PTO and 3 Point Hitch

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:36 am

I wish I could post pictures on here...

Atlas, they say necessity is the mother of invention, so I had to cobble something together for a PTO and 3 point hitch arrangement. I got a government grant to switch a corn field over to grass, and the more I do myself, the more money I can keep, and if you knew what my property taxes were, you would understand why I need all the cash I can. As with any government grant, if you take their money, you got to play by the rules and that meant spreading fertilizer, lime and seed too. A lot of fertilizer, lime and seed...

I found an old 3 point hitch fertilizer spreader (cone) for $100, but I was not about to buy bags of lime, nor shovel 30 tons of lime into it, so I had to install a pto and add a three point hitch onto my bulldozer so I can load the spreader with my Kubota tractor. A installed a short winch shaft, but that was still a 21 spline shaft, but an adapter got me down to 6 splines.

For the time being I just welded on brackets to hold the fertilizer spreader, but plan to add a hydraulically lifted set of arms as soon as this job is done. I am under a very tight time frame in order to get the seed in the ground.

All in all it should be a productive tractor then; a pto and a 3 point hitch can come in very handy at times.
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

Claus
420 crawler
420 crawler

Re: 350D Homemade PTO and 3 Point Hitch

Post by Claus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:28 am

Did you ever get photos of the 3 pt and PTO? Would be interesting to see.