Trash the Dress

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Trash the Dress

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:22 am

A lot of people have not heard of this before, but Trash the Dress is a new thing brides do. Rather than try and saving their wedding dresses for their daughters who will inevitable buy their own wedding dresses, not to mention the dress yellowing and getting moth eaten, today brides have a photo shoot where they completely trash it instead. It might be going to an abandoned factory, wearing it on a beach, or if you are like Katie, going down in the mud after some land clearing has been done on our farm! Some say it is a stupid new thing, and others love it. You can be the judge, I know we had fun!

Here are the ones that included the bulldozer in it.

I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trash the Dress

Post by Lavoy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:12 am

Hope you had insurance on the tux!
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Re: Trash the Dress

Post by CuttingEdge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 am

No Tux this time, and not when I married Katie, but in a couple of my weddings I did! :-)

I did get into the act though, as you can see here. It was cold that day, early in June and wet and rainy so it was chilly. It was a lot of fun though.

We have done a few other ones though, like dressing up like we were in the 1930's and going to our local railroad station. Katie loves the 1930's era, and our home looks the part. The kitchen stove she cooks on was made in 1917, and our wood/coal stove was made in 1893. Most of our furnishings are antiques from my late-Grandmother.

I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!