dozers = 1010 c diesel + mc ..

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
carl smith
MC crawler
MC crawler

dozers = 1010 c diesel + mc ..

Post by carl smith » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 am

Hello y'all = I am trying to help an old feller in western oregon sell his machinery that includes a couple old crawlers .. we would appreciate any input or advice or opinions about the value of these machines ..

-- john deere 1010c diesel dozer, 5-roller track frame, 6-way blade, canopy, s/n 11564 is 1960 or first year ..

-- john deere mc dozer s/n 19621, yr 1948 ..

.. see a few pictures here = https://salem.craigslist.org/grd/d/john ... 62116.html ..

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: dozers = 1010 c diesel + mc ..

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Pics only tell part of the story. They both look like pretty good old girls, but do they run and drive, recent work, undercarriage, clutches stuck from sitting, etc.
I am loathe to ever give values, because if I give people my honest opinion for example in a range of $5-$100,000, the only figure they hear is $100,000, but inevitably they were asking about a crawler with run out undercarriage, a hole in the block, and been sitting in a feed lot for the last 32 years. Really makes me look like an idiot when they tell a potential buyer that I said it was worth X, when I in fact did not such thing.
Unless you can give some pretty specific information as to the history on the crawlers, and guarantee they run and drive and steer, they will sell as parts crawlers I am sorry to say. While that would not scare me, I like to work on them, but to the average buyer that wants to take them home and use it the same day, it affects value badly.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: dozers = 1010 c diesel + mc ..

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Couple other thoughts.
The MC is a 1952, doesn't affect value, but at least you have the correct year.
The 4320 is at least somewhat collectable with the HFWA. Substantially down from a few years ago, but still should command a premium vs a standard front.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com