1957 John Deere 420 Crawler

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
420CrawlerHoller
420 crawler
420 crawler

1957 John Deere 420 Crawler

Post by 420CrawlerHoller » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi All

I got on these boards almost a year ago looking for some advice about a clutch issue I was having. It was great to talk to folks on here and I especially am thankful for Lavoy for having all the parts Ive been needing for this thing. I was all set to split this thing and replace the clutch but at the last minute I figured out a "reset" for the intermittently sticking clutch that I'll just keep doing until I really have to split this thing. I noticed in this video that the crossbar clamps are missing on the back left side. This dozer was passed to me by my pops when he died 12 years ago and it sat in the barn for 15 or more years. He thought it had frozen up, but it was actually a critter that built a nest or something in one of the cylinders that kept it from turning over. Im so thankful for this machine mostly because it just reminds me of my dad and his crazy dreams but also because it still does real work. My plan is to install the clamps before I drive it next and hopefully get more brush cleared and a pond dug out this season once a rain cycle hits and moistens up the ground. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/a5ZFVzHqUOI
1957 420C Crawler / 1950(?) Massey Fergussen Tractor / 1952 International Harvester TD-24

Josey
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 1957 John Deere 420 Crawler

Post by Josey » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:00 am

Sounds just like my childhood. Pop pop pop.
Josey
Minneapolis, MN
440ic Rookie