1010CA Rebuild Project Part II

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

1010CA Rebuild Project Part II

Post by wwattson » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:35 pm

Here's some updated photos on the progress. I'm committed now.

The first photo shows crawler less the seat and dozer blade hydraulic controls. The control valve has been leaking for some time so what a mess up under the valve.

This picture shows yet another fine piece of work in the history of this crawler. The stearing level broke at some point so why repair or replace it when you can just break out the old stick welder and weld the broken lever to the shaft. This is going to be fun.

This is the seat frame with some rotted away sections and more interesting repairs.

The pistons show the signs of ring leakage that you'd expect from the blue smoke.

Engine parts in the raw.

The camshaft drive gear with the interesting chips I mentioned in a previous post. Might be hard to see but it's only on a few of the teeth.

The block almost entirely stripped down. The sleeve and deck design of the 1010 engine is pretty cool except for the fact that the only source of the cylinder plate is Deere. I have to say that it's a really easy engine to work on and had some good thought in the design.

More later.
Last edited by wwattson on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wattson

bighamlin
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by bighamlin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:57 pm

thanks for the update - good progress - keep'm comming.

lastchancegarage
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by lastchancegarage » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:24 pm

Bill,
Awesome pictoral. For someone who's never seen the insides of a 1010, a picture tells a thousand words. I can sympathize with you on the steering arm repair. I have a 1959 Case 310 B with what was a quick release backhoe (four mount points) until some joker decided it was easier to weld one of the top nuts onto the mount rod. Someday I'll make it a quick release again. Looking at the picture, will a sawzall blade slip in there to separate them or can you disconnect the other end of the shaft internally somehow and remove both the lever and shaft as a unit? Keep up with the updates. Good luck.

Scott
Keep the tracks down and the torque up!!

1959 JD 440 ICD dozer
1959 Case 310B backhoe w/belly grader option
195? ATC GT-25 dozer
19?? Stow 1 ton roller w/rare cooler option!