1010 oil filter adaper

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Hurlbutt
430 crawler
430 crawler

1010 oil filter adaper

Post by Hurlbutt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:45 pm

Yesterday I started the process of getting a list of materials needed for when I get the 1010 dozer going and the 1010 loader too.The dozer is diesel, the loader is gas but was originally diesel.

Having read a fair amount in the various areas here, it was made plain that the manuals are required. I followed Lavoy's advice and got all the documentation I could find including the parts manuals for the accessories and the basic tractors. I read about draining, flushing and refilling various systems so I have the info for the right fluids and quantities. I was collecting the filter info and couldn't find the hydrolic filter in any of the operator or parts manuals. I went to the early crawler support area to question about that and decided to search for it instead. I found the answer being the magnetic bolt is the filter and Lavoy's reference to adding an inline unit.

So I was off to show and tell and found the posting. The comments brought up the oil filter adapter for using the spin on filter and the revelation of the original design being deficient. So I went looking. There is one currently listed on ebay for $150. Seemed a bit pricey to me so with search engine time, I found a place near by, Russell's Tractor Parts, in Scottsboro, Al that had one for $30. I liked that price much better and they texted a couple pictures of it to me. Plastic was use over the phone to complete the sale and today being Monday, my son is in Scottsboro with his Matco Tool truck. He picked it up for me and even dropped it off this afternoon and saw some of the projects progress my wife and I have had on the property lately.

There are many hidden gems scattered in the posts. I very much appreciate the depth of knowledge and experience deposited here and those willing to help and teach.
Bill