The 1010 Loader is home!

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Hurlbutt
430 crawler
430 crawler

The 1010 Loader is home!

Post by Hurlbutt » Mon May 04, 2020 7:10 pm

I made the first trip with the F350 with the 7.3 IDI engine today. The repaired oil cooler did it's thing and the front wheel didn't fall off on the 184 mile one way trip to bring the loader home.

My trailer trailer goose neck deck over that's 32 inches high and doesn't have ramps. So, the guy I bought it from had two fork lifts facing each other with a box extension that took in both sets of tines and he pushed the 1010 between them. They lifted it up, the trailer was backed under it and a skid steer was used to push the 1010 on up the trailer, releasing the fork lifts. It worked rather well. Now I need a loading dock or a bank to back up to. I have a concrete area with a good height for that but with no access. It might sit on the trailer for a while while I pursue the little Rhino project.
Bill

Hurlbutt
430 crawler
430 crawler

Re: The 1010 Loader is home!

Post by Hurlbutt » Mon May 25, 2020 7:07 pm

I got the loader off the trailer and onto the concrete today. I had used a Hi-Lift/Handyman jack (use you're preferred descriptive name) to raise the bucket and put a 10 inch length of angle iron on both lifting rams. A come-a-long pulling on the upper track chain got it back to the cross tie ramps that were on a stack of three ties. The lower two ties were under the back of the trailer and I extended the goose neck hitch to lower the tail of the trailer onto the ties to stabilize both the ties and trailer. It went rather well.

Tomorrow (if there are no priority tasks assigned) I plan of checking out the wiring. The last one to work on it had the instrument panel out of it and the ignition switch is dangling. The tach is missing and the other instruments are shot. The replacements already arrived so that should go well with finding out why there was work being done in that area.
Bill