My 440IC Repair Pics

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
hunter41mag
440 crawler
440 crawler

My 440IC Repair Pics

Post by hunter41mag » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:12 pm

Hi,

Here are some pics of my 1960 440IC repairs for broken left steering brake, broken rear engine mount bolt, intake/exhaust manifold replacement and right rear roller.

This was first thing repaired immediately after I bought the dozer. I installed battery holdown and terminal covers to prevent from contacting gas tank. Someone has pictures posted on the result for not protecting this area.

The upper left rear engine mount bolt into bell housing was broken off. I had to remove left frame rail to drill out broken bolt and reinstall.

Pics of final lifting bracjet loop from instructions in JD service manual and comments from this messageboard.

Pics of assembled right side steering linkage, release bearing and brake band waiting for final drive installation.

Pics of steering brake drum (due to updated design with open holes in bottom face needed 8 metal disc and 8 fiber disc) and than clutch pack assembled with new metal and fiber disc's. Caused some concern because I could not get clutch fingers adjusted to contact gauge tool.

Don
Eastern PA
440IC