JD 350 crawler Blown head Gasket

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
The Jug
420 crawler
420 crawler

JD 350 crawler Blown head Gasket

Post by The Jug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Well here we go ! Hello everyone ! New to cite i haven't found a meet at greet yet so this looked great . Been looking for crawler for some time in decent shape and not on other side of country. Found one said he bought it in 2007 has blown head gasket starts and works shouldn't be run for very long . Well went to look and neither starts or works ! So of course bought it anyhow . Well he seams like a great guy i guess we will see on Saturday when i have it hauled to my camp in Maine . Ill post pics and progress and hoping i my find some help here also . I have a funny feeling ill be needing some !

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: JD 350 crawler Blown head Gasket

Post by Lavoy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:07 am

Welcome to the board.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 am

Welcome aboard !
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

The Jug
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by The Jug » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:22 am

Thanks Gents
Here it is john deer 350 model T4F3D ser# 070582T. So as the story went when the last owner bought it he only put about 20 hours on it was losing power had blow by so he parked it . He said in ad runs starts and works . He couldn't get anyone to work on it so there it sat . Hes an older gent couldn't get underneath to drain oil and or antifreeze in pan so used suction hose to remove . He went to refill and only took quart seeing how it takes just over two he thought there may be more anti freeze in pan . Not sure how long it sat like this he claimed to had turned it over last year. So i came into picture drained oil and a good amount came out no anti freeze no water hmm so i put fresh oil in . I still have not added anti freeze and or water . Wiring is terribly so right to coil with decent battery starter spins then Bendix dead stop off on real quick as not to fry starter maybe josil motor into turning over no gooda ! So with that being said i put a bar in front main shaft and tried to work pulley around to move . Nothing at all . My experience with john deer and crawlers in general is 0 . I do have a case 590 and a small gray market yanmar 1510D . Im an electrician hard working and stubborn as can be with fair to good mechanical ability . Tractor is at camp in Maine about four hours away . Ill be posting pics once i figure that part out . But basically original JD 350 no winch has draw bar was made to look pretty with new paint all over . Good points rolls in neutral tracks pads under carriage in general in good shape . I have owners manual and parts manual waiting on repair manual. Pleas any thoughts or questions /concerns please let me know thanks in advance .