Look what followed us home

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
BJsCOOT2
MC crawler
MC crawler

Look what followed us home

Post by BJsCOOT2 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:09 pm

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iwDiCwxVTqWqVSt88
Look what followed us home. Picked up the 57 420c a couple weeks ago.
Knew it wouldn't stick right. Not really an issue, more of a convenience factor. Still usable though.
Worked it a little on my driveway. My 13 year old, who had already taken it for a spin and knew the controls, wanted to smooth out around some trees so I said go ahead.
He came back in about 30 minutes later and said a track came off.
Been so hot in Arkansas we waited til the next night and took the generator and flood lights out to it. We lifted the back with my tractor and used the blade to lift front to clear the ground.
Track back on and he said let's pull it in the shop and fix the steering.
It's not really difficult to mess with the tracks or pull the final drive, just time-consuming and heavy. One mistake and you can lose body parts.
Got into it and found the lower plug was missing and had been home to mice, had an extra steel, pressure plate was grossly out of adjustment and a bad seal behind clutch housing. Cleaned up everything and coated with OSPHO. Will oder parts tomorrow. Glad to be here. Already looking for another one.
I did not have to buy this one, I traded some other old equipment I've had for years for it.
Last edited by BJsCOOT2 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BJsCOOT2
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: Look what followed us home

Post by BJsCOOT2 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:10 pm

Canuck 420c
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Canuck 420c » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Welcome to the forum.Nice find 8) :D
Nothing Crawls Like a Deere

BJsCOOT2
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by BJsCOOT2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:57 pm

We think we did good. It has the reverser stick, twin lift cylinders, remote hydraulics, sprocket guards, 62 blade with the homemade tree pusher and a working PTO.
Parts are ordered, steer clutch housing cleaned up and everything free, JD7 came in and waiting on manuals. Glad to be here.

cantbeatadeere
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by cantbeatadeere » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:38 am

NICE!!!!!!!!!!
1970- JD 2520, 1991- JD 400G long track, 2003- JD 4710, 2012- JD 1026R, 2014 Bobcat E42 long arm, 2016- 14ft dump trailer, 2017- 24ft 11,000lb hyd. tilt equipment trailer aaand 2018 ram 2500 Big Horn CUMMINS :D :D

BJsCOOT2
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by BJsCOOT2 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:26 pm

Hmm

BJsCOOT2
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by BJsCOOT2 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:14 pm

BJsCOOT2 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:09 pm
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iwDiCwxVTqWqVSt88
Look what followed us home. Picked up the 57 420c a couple weeks ago.
Knew it wouldn't stick right. Not really an issue, more of a convenience factor. Still usable though.
Worked it a little on my driveway. My 13 year old, who had already taken it for a spin and knew the controls, wanted to smooth out around some trees so I said go ahead.
He came back in about 30 minutes later and said a track came off.
Been so hot in Arkansas we waited til the next night and took the generator and flood lights out to it. We lifted the back with my tractor and used the blade to lift front to clear the ground.
Track back on and he said let's pull it in the shop and fix the steering.
It's not really difficult to mess with the tracks or pull the final drive, just time-consuming and heavy. One mistake and you can lose body parts.
Got into it and found the lower plug was missing and had been home to mice, had an extra steel, pressure plate was grossly out of adjustment and a bad seal behind clutch housing. Cleaned up everything and coated with OSPHO. Will oder parts tomorrow. Glad to be here. Already looking for another one. I did not have to buy this one, I traded some other old equipment I've had for years for it.