New to me 1010 Gas Crawler Loader

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
ChrisP
MC crawler
MC crawler

New to me 1010 Gas Crawler Loader

Post by ChrisP » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:01 pm

Hello all!
I'm excited to start another adventure with this JD Gas Crawler Loader. I'm sure I will have tons of questions and from what I've seen there is a lot of fellow enthusiasts to get another old machine back to work!

I'm posting a quick video of what we saw when we looked at it. If something jumps out to you, as a potential issue, please let me know. I haven't picked it up yet. 😁

https://youtu.be/RZFi5xIzUXE

The rear fuel line is missing. I'm assuming the double fuel lines were for hills, due to not having a fuel pump? Anyone have a source for the rear fuel line?

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: New to me 1010 Gas Crawler Loader

Post by dtoots1 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:26 am

Looks like grouser pads on it....they tell me NOT good on loaders..should be street pads...too much wear and tear on the undercarriage with them on...and may be on backwards? cant remember for sure

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:01 pm

Welcome to the Boards.

Lavoy Wilcox, the fellow who provides this website for our use, repairs these JD crawlers and sells parts for them, so he would be a good source to check with for parts you need. To ask about parts it is best to email him directly (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com) or call him (701-361-1006) during CST business hours, not just asking in a post about your parts needs. Rightly so he wants that type of business to be between you and him, not for open discussion.

The two-fuel line set up feeding the remote mounted sediment bowl full as the machine operated out of level. If the tank outlet is in the wrong place even engines with fuel pumps can starve for fuel if the machine tips up and the tank outlet is on the high end with a low fuel level in the tank.

As dtoots1 posted, grouser pads can lead to serious driveline troubles with a crawler loader. Turning is harder on the driveline with grousers digging in especially with a loaded bucket. It looks like they are on correctly, the grouser end hits the ground first during forward travel.

Good luck with your crawler.
Jim

ChrisP
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by ChrisP » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:30 am

Thanks for the information and recommendations. I've already started gathering the manuals and starting to gather my list of needs and wants.

Canuck 420c
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Canuck 420c » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:24 pm

Welcome to JDCrawlers.Any pictures of your crawler?
Nothing Crawls Like a Deere