2010 in Action

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

2010 in Action

Post by Pammark » Tue May 08, 2007 12:03 pm

I bought this baby back in January to work on a rock pile, clear a fence line and other misc tasks. It has a stuck right steering clutch, but still moves. I have an organic farm and use composted poultry manure as fertilizer. My normal spreader guy farted out on me, so I ending up using the gray Stoltzfus spreader behind my 7120 CaseIH tractor.

The belt conveyor in front of the tractor was used first to load the spreader, but proved to be too slow as compared to just dumping the bucket directly into the spreder. My son took pictures of the action.

As you can see, the compost looks like a pile of dirt. It does not have the common smell of poultry manure, but still does have a good ammonia kick. One time I had a car pull in wanting to know where I got that good topsoil. I told them to back up and I will fill their trunk with it. That will be the gift that keeps giving.

Level the bucket and take another bite.

Anther scoop of "Good Shit" [literal].

If the wind blows right, you might get a nice bath of compost dust.

Another scoop does it.

A little jab here . . . a lillte jab there. Before you know it, the spreader is full and off to the field to spread the glory. Note my fancy air cleaner. The top is missing and my yellow hard hat makes a nice added touch. Plus it keeps most of the compost dust out too.

Behind the dozer is my "Holy Rock" pile. I got it from a church renovation. This is the pile I need to move and it is about 100 ton worth. It has made three trips to the HS gym for prom decorating over the years. Any of you ever help with prom decorating will recall the bright ideas the students have, but not the foggiest idea how to do it. You want a water fountain over there? No problem, you get rock from Mark and haul it in with coaster wagons and wheel barrows.

I had 5 semi-loads of compost dropped in. That was about 130 ton. That went over 90 acres. Some standing wheat and the rest for the new crop of corn.

Try this with a six-way blade. Up Up and Over.

More compost to go. Where does this pile end?

Yep, room left for more.

Clean up the last tid-bits and the job is done till next year.

Well the old girl earned her keep. I guess I owe her a some steering clutches, . . . after the rock pile is moved, the fence row cleared out etc etc. It never ends for jobs to tackle. You might note the quick fix I had to do on the hyd lines. See above the John Deere plate the black hose running to the bucket cylinder. The steel line under the hyd controls cracked and was a squirtin. A quick Friday afternnon run to the local hydraulic shop some hoses and tees and fittings got me going again. Some year I will buy the correct replacement steel line and fix it right.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Have a good day,

Mark
JD 2010 Crawler with Loader

dlplost
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by dlplost » Wed May 09, 2007 12:19 am

Excelent pics, tell the Kid he did a good job of getting all sides of the machine. Lots of times people just take a couple of pics from spot, so you dont get to see the whole machine.

Thanks..

Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

My Son's Pictures

Post by Pammark » Wed May 09, 2007 8:23 am

My son Matthew took the pictures. He is a senior at Wright State, Dayton, OH, and is majoring in Computer Graphics. He is quite handy with a camera and I asked him to take a few shots. I didn't know till later he snapped off 13 of them. Thanks to the digital camera age.

Thanks for the compliment.

Mark

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu May 10, 2007 9:04 am

Hi Mark-

I have a question for you- in the pics it appears that you have a backhoe bracket on the back of your crawler and another bracket that fits within that bracket for the counterweights. Am I seeing that right? Does anyone know if these was a factory bracket for counterweights that attaches to the backhoe bracket?

The reason I ask is that I have a backhoe bracket, and all the other counterweight brackets I saw looked like they bolted directly to the crawler frame and housing. It would sort of be nice to have a detachable counterweight bracket when i don't want the backhoe on it, since I don't want to remove the backhoe bracket.

Thanks in advance.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

Backhoe bracket

Post by Pammark » Thu May 10, 2007 10:58 am

I am not sure what I have. What you see is what came with the dozer. I do not have a backhoe attachment.

It does appear to be a larger bracket with the counterweight bracket within.

Mark