1010CA Rebuild Project Part X, The Voyage Home

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

1010CA Rebuild Project Part X, The Voyage Home

Post by wwattson » Tue May 08, 2007 9:57 pm

Sorry it's been a while on the pictures. I got a bit busy with work and then last week while I was taking vacation to get some more wrench time in, the camera was out of town on a trip.

The first picture is the reassembled side frames with the center frame just installed. It's good to see it in its native JD Green again.

Next are the two cleaned up steering clutch housings reassembled and ready to go. I made new steering shafts for both of them on my lathe. One side as you might remember was welded to the steering lever and had to be cut to remove it. The other side had stripped a key at some point and had also been welded to restore the key seat.

The transmission all reassembled and painted. The covers are just setting on the case but next come the gaskets and it gets mounted.

And finally, the rest of the sandblasted parts primed and mostly ready for paint. I need to do a little "body work" to a few of the sheet metal parts before I paint them but they came out surprisingly good. Sure beat the heck out of my little sandblaster.

I ended up learning more about the history of my particular crawler when I took it over to the sandblaster's place. He is good friends with the family that was the original owners. That'll wait for a later post.

All for now.
Bill Wattson

JD430C
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by JD430C » Wed May 09, 2007 9:09 am

that is really lookin good bill. hope mine will look that good when i tear into it this winter.

andrew
jds- 450B, 450C, 550, 4020, 3140 MFWD, 5200 MFWD