project 440ICD part 4"The Donor"

Show us pictures of your JD crawler and attachments.
carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

project 440ICD part 4"The Donor"

Post by carolina crawler » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:39 pm

Image in the photos, the entire crawler was covered in 2 gallons of PB blaster to soften the rust.this unit is for parts only, I have no desire to try and get this one running,my focus is the diesel crawler, the parts I am going to use are the rails and rollers,possible some other parts, but most will be up for sale, if you see something or need me to photo a close up of a part, drop me a email.........Mark/ Cc

cowboy4996
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by cowboy4996 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:57 pm

I just went and looked at a runner that didn't look as good. :lol:

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:59 pm

this crawler is soooo froze up, havent tried to spin the engine over, supposed to only been sitting for 5 years, otherwise was working....After christmas I tend to see what all is salvagable..the sprockets dont roll, unless the hidden parking brake is on........

thomastractorsvc
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by thomastractorsvc » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:48 pm

Wow!! You got a lot of work ahead of you. I would have to think the loader would be interchangeable as is but some of the drive line stuff wont match up. I read the gas stuff was not as heavy as the diesel parts. Lavoy would probably be able to be specific on each item off the cuff. The track is the same, just sprockets are different from what I can tell something about the depth of the dish.
Rob
JD 990 w/300CX FEL & JD 8A Backhoe
I reject your reality and substitute my own! Adam Savage of MythBusters

carolina crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by carolina crawler » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:37 am

the main things I need are the tracks/rails, upper rollers,lower rollers,and some misc. stuff....you can clearly see the size difference of the entire powertrain.from the trans case to the rear finals.the diesel is so much more built up.I have 4 teenage boys and with there help, and some locals with larger lifting equipment, I hope to have the donor stripped, before too long ..I only bought it for the under carriage.I am willing to give members here first dibs on parts from this once disassembled... serial number on the crawler is 441927 .just bought it and had it hauled from atlanta Ga, to marietta sc, were it is now..there was also a back hoe that went with it, just wasnt able to haul it at the same time........yes..I have my work cut out for me, as this just adds to my many other projects under way, but I like to learn how these old industrials were made, compared to todays assemblys.....Lock tight will be in heavy use when I reassemble the diesel crawler.....Mark